The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Boarding in Rochester area? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/boarding-rochester-area-59452/)

macktheknife 07-11-2010 02:48 PM

Boarding in Rochester area?

Hi, I'm moving to Rochester in a month and was wondering if anyone from the area had suggestions for places to board my retired gelding.

I no longer ride him, so I don't really need a riding facility (but would not mind boarding at one). Discipline etc also doesn't matter; I just want something clean and caring.

Either post or PM me. Thanks!!

White Foot 07-12-2010 06:40 AM

You live close-ish to me. D; Sorry I can't help though, I don't know the barns in that area.

Alwaysbehind 07-12-2010 07:09 AM

The Rochester area horse world is very diverse. You need to give an idea of what you are looking for. And lets start with, where are you going to be in the Rochester area? East, West, South?

Are you looking for some place that does mainly turn out? Or stall keep with a little turn out?

macktheknife 07-18-2010 08:27 PM

I'd prefer to have a stall, but he needs to be outside as much as possible. Also, no electric fencing. post and board only. He can be turned out in a group as well.

macktheknife 07-18-2010 08:29 PM

Also I will be living downtown, so any of the surrounding areas would do. I currently travel an hour to get to the barn. I'm always willing to travel for the right situation. He's the one that lives there, not me, so I want whats best for him over a quick commute.

Alwaysbehind 07-19-2010 08:21 AM

Discipline preference?

macktheknife 07-21-2010 11:08 PM

I rode hunters, but as I said it really doesn't matter for this horse. All he really needs is a run in and a pasture to get fat in. I'm more concerned with quality care.