The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Liberty's foaling thread :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/libertys-foaling-thread-59535/)

Poco1220 07-12-2010 11:04 AM

Liberty's foaling thread :)

6 Attachment(s)
I figured since I'm anywhere from a few days to a few weeks out from having a foal on the ground I would start her thread now!

I bought an 8 y/o APHA mare last weekend who is due to foal sometime between now and mid August. It was an accidental pasture breeding, the man had thought he had pulled her and 3 others into another pasture and had his broodmares all out on the large 20 some acres with the stallion.

He sold her to me cheap since he was under the assumption the foal couldn't be registered APHA, which it can. So now I'm looking to you guys for name ideas and guesses on what kind of coloring we may get!

Dam:
Liberty aka Jets Powder Puff
Sorrel/white overo

Sire:
Midnight Blue Diamon
Bay - not sure what he counts as

Also including some pictures of his foals from this year.

So what do you think we will get for markings?
What do you think for names?

All I have so far for names is Jet Blue McCue for a colt since it's Buck McCue bloodlines.

Erin_And_Jasper 07-12-2010 01:20 PM

subscribing!!!

haviris 07-12-2010 04:11 PM

Well mom's a frame and dad's a tobiano, could be frame overo, tobiano, or tovero, very good chance of color, but you never know, may be solid. Probably bay or sorrel/chestnut. Gonna be adorable I'm sure! Not so good w/ names.

Poco1220 07-12-2010 04:42 PM

I know what the possibilities are I want you guys to guess what it will actually be tho! Filly/colt? Pattern? Color? Any specific markings?
Posted via Mobile Device

Erin_And_Jasper 07-12-2010 04:59 PM

colt tovero bay and white with a medicine hat. idk if toveros can have that

lilkitty90 07-12-2010 09:30 PM

i'm gonna say filly, Bay, Fram overo and i think she may have some kind of nature like spot somewhere on her. thats my predictions xD

Poco1220 07-13-2010 09:04 AM

Im gonna say sorrel colt with overo markings and at least two tall stockings.
Posted via Mobile Device

dee 07-14-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin_And_Jasper (Post 688872)
colt tovero bay and white with a medicine hat. idk if toveros can have that

My DJ is a tovero medicine hat - he has beautiful blue eyes too. I don't know what color you would call him, though. Daughter says buckskin, but I know that's not right.

I think you are going to get a chestnut tovero colt. Maybe...?

I got a bay filly with one little white sock and a tiny star out of a registered bay paint stud and a grulla spanish mustang mare, so anything is possible...

Poco1220 07-14-2010 10:25 AM

Yea my stallion (not the one she is bred to) is a tovero with medicine hat and blue eyes :)

She's starting to bag up a little bit and I can now get some clear fluid out of her. Other than that nothing exciting so far! This is her second foal so I'm wondering if she will drop and bag up fairly quickly when the time comes.

ilovesonya 07-14-2010 11:24 AM

I'm going to say sorrell overo colt. Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device