The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Tall Boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/tall-boots-5964/)

BluMagic 02-10-2008 10:26 PM

Tall Boots

I am looking for some tall boots that aren't expensive and will fit right. Also, I don't want to have more than one pair on tall boots for showing and riding, therefore, a kind that is easy to clean and will last long. Any ideas? Thanks...

Brandon 02-10-2008 10:59 PM

Hey bud, well hmm i aint into those tall boots.. mainly because they make me look freakishly weird.. Um i got my boots at Langstons, best you go in there and take a look or go online. I use my good old smarts when i shop, act like you aint gonna by nothin and tell em what you want and you want it at a decent price.. then make your decision.. Sorry if this aint much help, but if you go into one of those shops they should fit them on your foot for you.

good luck,
Brandon

JustDressageIt 02-11-2008 12:08 AM

I absolutely love my Ariats. I use them both for training and showing, and they've lasted me years. :D

kitten_Val 02-11-2008 07:09 AM

Check ad doversaddlery.com They had big sale on such boots last months. I've seen some nice ones at the store. Although I prefer short boots. :lol:

appylover31803 02-11-2008 10:31 AM

i have a pair of ariat tall winter boots and i love them! They keep my toes nice and warm. I also wear them in the summer, and my feet stay cool. It's rather nice. I got them on clearance for i think $80 or $90

twinkle_toes 02-11-2008 05:43 PM

I use paddock boots with half chaps for everyday riding and I got my ariat crowns for showing. I got them on consignment (but still a lot) - they fit great and are really comfortable.

P.S.
when you do find that pair a trick to get them on and off easilier:
spray/rub your socks/zocks with show sheen :lol:

upnover 02-11-2008 11:39 PM

I'm a bit of an Ariat snob! I have yet to find anything as comfortable or supportive! They can be pricey though but I've found some great deals on Ebay. In fact, I got my Ariat field boots on there brand new for $90 (including shipping!) last year when they were updating all of the styles and clearing out their old models. I think they were originally $350 or something? You can find some that are used for a great price as well, and they're already broken in!

Sara 02-12-2008 11:21 AM

I'm the same as Twinkle: I tend to use my paddock boots and half chaps when I'm at home and boots for showing. I used to live in Texas and the tall boots were way too hot for everyday use; at least with the half chaps I could whip them off when I was done riding:P Its a lot cooler where I live now, but its still a nice option on summer days.

Ariat makes a nice boot, but they are too narrow for me (I'm "built like an amazon" as my friends are fond of saying). My boots where consignment as well.

regardinghorses 02-12-2008 07:17 PM

I bought a pair of Elite Field Boots over 10 years ago that I have used consistently for schooling and showing and they are still in great shape. They are comfortable and come in slim sizes (which was good for me because I have skinny chicken legs that didn't work in most boots)! Elite wasn't terribly pricey a decade ago when I bought mine, but it looks like they have gone up. If you can find some lightly used or new on ebay or somewhere, they're a great boot.

I have Ariat paddock boots, which are extremely comfortable, supportive, and long-lasting. Someday when I have to get new tall boots I'll definitely check out Ariat.