The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Is it just me or is this horrible? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/just-me-horrible-5965/)

BluMagic 02-10-2008 10:32 PM

Is it just me or is this horrible?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JkjaJKVfo7U

I don't know....

mell 02-11-2008 01:06 AM

what do you think is horrible?

StatedOtherwise 02-11-2008 03:48 AM

o.O huh

i watched the video you provided and i didnt find anything wrong wiht it...
Do you mean horrible as in the jumping is bad or horrible as in cruel?

i thought the video was quite good except for all the rushing

Kyani 02-11-2008 07:07 AM

I think it's just you...

Do you mean you think jumping high is cruel?

JustDressageIt 02-11-2008 10:04 AM

Some riders were really riding with their bodies and pumping a lot, which I don't like, but all in all they weren't bad at all. Nice releases, not getting behind the motion... I've noticed a trend in the Jumpers to take more of a dressage-type seat in between jumps, which I think is highly effective, so they have better control and area ble to use their seat, just coming up and out over the fence, then settling back into it until the next jump.

alucard 02-11-2008 01:23 PM

When the screen splits into the 5 different horses at the end of the video, watch the horse on the bottom left. He kicks his legs out every time he jumps. Like he's bucking over the jumps. That's kinda amusing, but I didn't find anything horrible about it, other then those are some pretty high jumps, and horses are not deer. :P

appylover31803 02-11-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

When the screen splits into the 5 different horses at the end of the video, watch the horse on the bottom left. He kicks his legs out every time he jumps. Like he's bucking over the jumps. That's kinda amusing,
I had to re-watch it after you posted that. It was quite funny. I guess the horse was bored of jumping the normal way, and decided it would be fun to really throw his legs out there! It was cute to watch

I didn't see anything that was horrible, maybe i'm just not seeing it. Would you care to explain Blu? Thanks so much!

xoLivxo 02-11-2008 08:40 PM

ummmmm i dont see wats wrong with it.....if its the height thats grand prix top level show jumping lol of course its big

xoLivxo 02-11-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucard
When the screen splits into the 5 different horses at the end of the video, watch the horse on the bottom left. He kicks his legs out every time he jumps. Like he's bucking over the jumps. That's kinda amusing, but I didn't find anything horrible about it, other then those are some pretty high jumps, and horses are not deer. :P

'

Thats completley normal for jumpers to do that lol. its not tat its hard to get over them, but some trainers pefer to have their grans prix horses do that so they do not knock a rail. SO its not that the jump is high and its not a kick of joy. thats the way rly nice horses that will jump to be careful :wink:

BluMagic 02-11-2008 09:38 PM

No, I don't think it's cruel at all really.

The rider's for just seems so odd. And the way they hold up the horses so much. :roll: :?

Might just be me...