The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Fun Topic (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/fun-topic-5976/)

skirel 02-11-2008 11:09 AM

Fun Topic

So imagine that you could build any kind of stable you wanted and money is no object. What kind of fun/unusual stuff would you add? Get creative! What would really make your life and horses' lives easier?

FGRanch 02-11-2008 02:20 PM

I wouldn't have anything overly odd.

I would have a 10 stall barn, a wash bay, a huge tack room, a feed room, attached riding arena and above would be where I lived that way I could just walk down the stairs and see my babes.

upnover 02-12-2008 12:22 AM

i'd like a starbucks please... :D

Thoreau 02-12-2008 05:42 AM

hrm... if I could have anything... I would have real grass that never needed any management!

Vidaloco 02-12-2008 07:27 AM

Automatic feeders, waterers and poop picker upers so I could go on a non-horse vacation once in awhile. I like the grass idea so pastures that never wore out or needed maintanance. Fence that never needed painting or mending. And if it was fantasy land beautiful weather that was a constant 75 degrees and only rained when I wanted it to.

Harlee rides horses 02-13-2008 03:33 PM

HORSE TOILETS!

Vidaloco 02-13-2008 09:16 PM

LOL someone posted awhile back if they could train the horse to poop in a bucket then carry the bucket to the gate it would be heaven

Harlee rides horses 02-13-2008 10:37 PM

That would be dandy. I know I hate when my horse poops right after I clean his stall. As soon as I see him starting to poop I run over with the shovel and catch it before it hits the ground.

.Delete. 02-14-2008 09:55 AM

Mirrors all around the indoor arena. Poop convey-er so i don't have to haul poop to a pile myself.

tim 02-14-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Delete.
Poop convey-er so i don't have to haul poop to a pile myself.

Nice one... and that's not totally impossible.

I'll just steal your idea and improve on it.

Say theres a long conveyor belt that runs down the length of your barn in the backs off all the stalls. You open a little door in the back of the stall and theres your conveyor belt. Just flip it on and shovel all the waste onto the belt. It gets hauled away to your waste bin and then later, when the bin is full, someone comes and takes it away for fertilizer. No more muck buckets.