The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Where do you buy a Trick Saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/where-do-you-buy-trick-saddle-59778/)

yukontanya 07-14-2010 10:21 PM

Where do you buy a Trick Saddle?

Hey all,

I am looking for a trick saddle, in brown, that is well built, I dont mind spending some cash on it, but want it to be worth the money.. . Where do I start looking?

Spastic_Dove 07-14-2010 11:06 PM

I just typed on "trick riding saddle" and it came up in the shopping portion of google.
Heres a brown one I found : Western Stage Props: Trick Riding Saddle - Brown

yukontanya 07-14-2010 11:24 PM

hey thanks.. I was also hoping for some feed back, I dont want to buy poor quality

ridergirl23 07-14-2010 11:33 PM

There is probably some on Ebay... theres EVERYTHIGN on ebay! lol :)

wild_spot 07-14-2010 11:44 PM

What country are you in?

GypseCowgirl 07-14-2010 11:48 PM

Usually you have to ask a leather craftsmen make it for you, one that specializes in trick saddles (they are few and far between). Occasionally you can find them used...shop circus web sites or sometimes rodeo....but stay AWAY from ebay. You need a saddle that has a solid tree, tall horn(usually steel) and low seat. Make sure you check all the leathers....especially the stirrups and cinch....make sure it has a breast collar and back cinch...check it loyally every time you plan to ride it. Quick story: I worked with a girl on a show who was doing a suicide drag...the saddle was used and checked every day...yes we used it every day....in the middle of her trick the cinch broke and she was trampled. They had to reconstruct her face and eventually she could ride again....but it is not something that you want to happen to you. Best of luck!!

yukontanya 07-14-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild_spot (Post 691593)
What country are you in?

Canada.... Northern Yukon

wild_spot 07-15-2010 12:03 AM

Oh bummer. I know Heath Harries is associated with a company that makes them, but that's in Australia so not much use :]

yukontanya 07-15-2010 12:08 AM

well thanks anyways... I am also asking around with different professional trick riders. Like said above, I dont need to get hurt just cause I dont have good equipment.

GypseCowgirl 07-15-2010 12:14 AM

Here is the web site for Tommy and Karen Turvey Equine Extremist they are in Illinois....they maybe able to tell you who they use to make their saddles. They may even know some Canadian Craftsmen. They used to have a school for training riders also.