The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   Sign Petition for Investigation into Parelli (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/sign-petition-investigation-into-parelli-59908/)

Northern 07-16-2010 01:41 PM

Sign Petition for Investigation into Parelli

Go here to sign a petition for an investigation into Pat Parelli's treatment of the horse Catwalk in the UK: Say NO to Parelli cruelty of horses

justinebee 09-17-2010 01:41 PM

I know he didn't present the best horsemanship in that demonstration, but do you believe it was really to the extent that it would need an investigation?

ShutUpJoe 09-17-2010 02:56 PM

I think there are worse cases of cruelty. The horse is still alive, functioning and probably doesn't even remember that exhibit. I'm not even a Parelli fan and I won't sign that.

Speed Racer 09-17-2010 03:05 PM

Y'know, I have no love for Pat Pepperoni and his Bitter Half, think they're the biggest joke in the world when it comes to horse training, and wouldn't use their expensive, useless crap if it were given to me, but sign a petition? For what?

It's not illegal to fleece people out of their hard earned money if they want to be stupid prats and throw good money after bad advice.

I didn't see Pat actually abusing the horse, but it was extremely poor horsemanship and things got completely out of hand. The horse wasn't beaten to within an inch of his life, although I wasn't happy about the gum line and the rope on the leg.

I saw a horse who was confused and starting to get annoyed, and a frustrated asshat of a man who couldn't admit that he wasn't getting anywhere. That's bad judgment, but not necessarily abuse.

I think the Pepperonis give the NH world a bad name, but it's up to the public to quit buying into their smoke and mirrors sideshow, instead of thinking the sun rises and sets in their butts. What they do isn't illegal or necessarily abusive, but it is morally and ethically reprehensible. However, that in itself does not mean there needs to be an investigation.

mliponoga 09-17-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 752114)
I think the Pepperonis give the NH world a bad name, but it's up to the public to quit buying into their smoke and mirrors sideshow, instead of thinking the sun rises and sets in their butts. What they do isn't illegal or necessarily abusive, but it is morally and ethically reprehensible. However, that in itself does not mean there needs to be an investigation.

I completely agree! It's no different than anything else, it's just a name that has gotten far too popular...until the world realizes that there's nothing to do. And I don't see the Parelli name going anywhere for a while sadly enough.

smrobs 09-17-2010 03:21 PM

I agree, the whole situation was handled poorly and the final result was very ineffective, but I wouldn't necessarily call it abusive to the point of meriting an investigation. The money saved from that investigation could be put to much better use like saving and rehabbing actual abused and neglected horses.

ruger 09-17-2010 08:07 PM

why wast money investigating this bs, if you want them investigated you pay for it out of your own pocket, not everyone elses.

Crimsonhorse01 09-18-2010 06:21 PM

Rofl I think everyone else said what I think.

Alwaysbehind 09-20-2010 08:17 AM

What the smart people above me said.

sarahver 09-20-2010 08:43 AM

Sorry, I don't think it is petition-worthy either. I feel like this petition would be better taken care of by the 'always looking for a cause' 'tireless animal crusaders' PETA, I am sure they are already all over this like a rash.