The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   Where do you barrel race? (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/where-do-you-barrel-race-59911/)

BarrelRacer86 07-16-2010 02:28 PM

Where do you barrel race?

I'm just curious to see what types of shows people on here show in or go to? any associations? big shows? or just small local shows?

xEquestrianx 07-17-2010 06:07 PM

I usually just do local or 4-h. But I don't travel out of state.

BarrelRacer86 07-18-2010 12:31 AM

Thats cool, It seems no one else wants to say. So i'll just answer my own question lol. I do about everything, I'm an NBHA memeber and go to their shows and IBRA shows even if i'm not a member with them yet. I do open shows, if they have added money anyway. I go out of state for shows sometimes. I do 4h every year just for fun, and the rodeo at fair. I qualifed for youth world but i'm not going this year, so maybe i'll be in mississippi next year showing there, and other than 4H I literally run with the same people in pretty much any show I go to, barrel racing is a big thing where I live.

xEquestrianx 07-18-2010 01:16 AM

Ya, rodeo in general is a huge thing in my area

SorrelHorse 07-18-2010 01:17 AM

I do a lot of Gymkhana events, Southern Oregon Barrel Racing Association (SOBRA) NBHA, IBHA, WPRA, and the like. I barrel race a lot of the QH and PH breeds shows too.
Posted via Mobile Device

BuckOff41570 07-19-2010 07:32 AM

I prefer to stay in state or within Georgia, Tennesse, South Caronlina, Alabama area. I mainly run nbha and gbra for now. Ive been hitting up as many local races and jackpots as possible as I'm seasoning a couple horses. I local ipra rodeo here and there. Will be showing my father's horse in aqha... as he's incentive fund. So at least there's a better chance of making money back at a breed association. That's about it.

Waybueno 07-19-2010 11:06 AM

I go to CGA's Gymkhana shows in Cali.
Then I go to Gold Coast Barrel Association races. Im a member.
Then theres local ones at a friends familys ranch every thursday.
And another local one 20minutes away from me every wensday.

jtmdah 07-21-2010 04:41 PM

Around here we have TRi-State shows, which are local. We also have a indoor ring 30-45 minutes away. I do my 4-h Show as well. There is NBHA, but my horse is only 4, so we aren't at that level yet.

RubaiyateBandit 07-22-2010 08:25 PM

Normally, I only do local shows... I'm still learning, and my girls are getting back into shape, and my saddle club has a speed show once a month about a half hour from my house, so I go there almost religiously. (Plus, I know a good deal of the people there, and most of them are aware that I'll take any and all tips I can get, so they watch me run and offer random bits of advice as soon as I finish my run.) This year, though, I'm broadening my horizons a little. Due to a stroke of luck, I got a deal on getting them tested for Coggins, so I can hop across state lines and show with one of the guys who has been especially helpful. :D

barrelracer7335 08-18-2010 09:41 PM

I run all over the country, from coast to coast and boarder to boarder. Im in NBHA, PRCA, IBRA, UBRA, OKHSRA and AQHA. Im gone every weekend running somewhere out of state, we have alot of big shows in my area like 1D barrel bashes and a whole load of futurites(spelling?).