The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   How to make ribbon browbands (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/how-make-ribbon-browbands-60103/)

ThatNinjaHorse 07-18-2010 11:00 PM

How to make ribbon browbands

Ive been a bit bored lately and decided to make a few of these videos. This one is the sharkstooth pattern, other patterns coming soon.

myhorsesonador 07-18-2010 11:07 PM

where do u get browbands? I cant find any that arent like insanly exspencive.

ThatNinjaHorse 07-18-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhorsesonador (Post 695219)
where do u get browbands? I cant find any that arent like insanly exspencive.

What type of browbands do you mean? leather, pvc, or ready made ribbon ones?

myhorsesonador 07-18-2010 11:37 PM

I've never herd of pvc ones? I'm talking about leather ones that you can make the ribbon brow bands with.

ThatNinjaHorse 07-18-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhorsesonador (Post 695256)
I've never herd of pvc ones? I'm talking about leather ones that you can make the ribbon brow bands with.

PVC is what im using above, its kinda plastic-ish and its got some sort of webbing inside. I prefer it to leather, with leather theres always a chance of it staining the ribbon, and i find pvc eastier to work with also.
Have you tried any local saddlers? The ones here will make them for a decent price (pvc is always cheaper though)
Thats all i can think of sorry, i get all mine in bulk..

VanillaBean 07-19-2010 05:21 PM

i have a question.....
how long does the ribbon have to be??

VB

draftrider 07-19-2010 06:58 PM

Can you just make your own browband with leather the right width, and chicago screws?

How long is the ribbon you use?

ThatNinjaHorse 07-19-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftrider (Post 696070)
Can you just make your own browband with leather the right width, and chicago screws?

How long is the ribbon you use?

You sure can, it really doesnt matter what width the browband is either, im doing an extra thick one atm for a lady with a massive horse.

The ribbon is around 2 metres

AllyKatSki1 07-19-2010 10:26 PM

Thanks for making these videos :-) I cant seam to make the dimong one :-P... Do you know how to make rosettes? a video of that would be A M A Z I N G!
Where do you get the PVC? :-D

ThatNinjaHorse 07-20-2010 03:47 AM

The diamond pattern is the video im making next :)
Yeah i make rosettes, usually with pleated ribbon though so i buy that pre pleated, saves time! I might make a video of how i make the rosettes after ive done the others.
I get the pvc in bulk, i have family members who make rugs/bridles etc and i get it for free. Try local saddlers though, anyone who makes pvc bridles and stuff like that. You can get them over the net as well, from Australia though so im not sure if you would want the sites?