The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Dressage Training Books (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/dressage-training-books-60147/)

horseluver2435 07-19-2010 01:34 PM

Dressage Training Books

Though I am working with my instructor who rode & trained dressage, I also am interested in reading training guides/books about dressage. I was hoping some of the talented members of the dressage section would help me out by suggesting a few. Hopefully I can find them at my library, if not, they will be on my Christmas list. :) I can recall some threads where others have mentioned books, but I can't actually find the threads or remember the titles of the books, so I thought I would make a new thread. Maybe this thread will help others as well.

Thanks to all who reply, I'm grateful.

horseluver2435 07-19-2010 04:28 PM

Come on, I was hoping for someone to respond. Anyone?

ridergirl23 07-19-2010 04:39 PM

hmmm i ran upstairs to our book library... haha and found a few, if youo cant find any i have plenty more to reccomend xD

Dressage Formula-by Erik Herbermann (i believe there are different editions)
The art of classical horsemanship-Egon von niendorff
Dresssage in harmony-Walter Zettl (from `the masters of horsemanship`series)
A search for collection-Paul balasik
Common sense dressage-sally o`connor

hope these helped... im still looking for one of my favourites, its a classical dressage book, but i really loved it... i will post it when i find it! :)

horseluver2435 07-19-2010 04:57 PM

Well, my library doesn't have any of those. >:( So they might have to go on my Christmas list. But thank you very much.

ridergirl23 07-19-2010 05:02 PM

no problem... i will look for a few more good ones! haha me and my moms dressage library is freakishly huge! xD we love reading AND dressage, so reading dressage is the best! lol :)

GreyRay 07-19-2010 05:03 PM

The New Basic Training Of The Young Horse- Reiner & Ingrid Klimke
Posted via Mobile Device

ridergirl23 07-19-2010 05:05 PM

OH! i just found my all time favourites!!!
Horses are made to be horses- (i cant find it, but it popped into my mind, im sure if you look it up on google it will be there! it has a blue cover)
And
Classical schooling with the horse in mind-Anja Beran
These two books are my favourites! :)

horseluver2435 07-19-2010 05:27 PM

Found horses are made to be horses in my library catalog & requested it, the rest are all duds. :P Well, I guess I'll start my rough draft Christmas list. :)

ridergirl23 07-19-2010 05:33 PM

yes, its a good one, the guy who wrote it died, and his wife and friends put it together for him. the introduction (or is the the chapter one, anyways, the place where they talk about him dying and stuff) made me cry a lot, lol. its really good, though, and he explains everything so that ANYONE could understand it! :)

horseluver2435 07-19-2010 05:39 PM

That does sound like a good one. :) Hopefully it'll come in soon- our county's libraries share books that you request online, but predicting when they'll make it to your library is near impossible. Some will come in the next day, others will be two weeks. :/ But at least I'll get it.