The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Pink Double Bridle? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/pink-double-bridle-60255/)

ridergirl23 07-20-2010 11:37 PM

Pink Double Bridle?

Okay, so first of all... HAPPY DANCE!!!!:clap:If everything goes as planned(no injurys or anything, knock on wood) then me and Rena will be doing FEI Juniors next year!!!! we practiced a few flying changes today in a lesson, they went pretty well! and half passes are a piece a cake (lol kinda!) Soooo... I asked my coach today if i should get a double bridle, and she said yes!!!!

SO, I have had my eye on a double bridle that looks like this: http://www.classicdressage.com/acata...sierBoston.jpg

except the white part is PINK! and the brow band looks just like the noseband, withe a tiny line of pink jewels in the middle :D

And i ADORE it, makes me drool everytime i think about it! lol

But i was wondering, is that allowed? with the pink? i know the jewelled browband is, but i was just wondering if the pink was too, because im not going to buy two double bridles, theyre to expensive. especially because we will school mostly in the snaffle at home. AND whats your opinion on it, do you think it would look nice on rena? I will have a black belt with pink jewels, and the handle of my whip is sparkly pink,and hopefully i get a little pink logo kinda thing on my saddle pad....

P.S. the book :Classical dressage with the horse in mind, ya, ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BOOKS. it has made a huge change i my riding already! (and ive only read the first chapter!) i highly recommend it!
so thanks for reading, i had to share the news... and ask a few questions about the bridle :D I really hope its still at the tack store when we go!!!

Deerly 07-20-2010 11:57 PM

I don't know if it's allowed but wow that sounds CUTE!! You should save up and get it just for lessons and riding even if it's not that's really really adorable! Especially if a lot of your accessories and other things are pink. Aaaieee it would look amazing!

~*~anebel~*~ 07-23-2010 12:54 AM

I'm fairly sure it's legal, but the chances of your coach letting you show in a pink bridle are slim haha. Keep in mind that you will be riding at an international level as well. While a pink bridle is cute, it isn't very professional and may work against you in the ring.
Personally I would go with a plain black double for your first one, and get a qood quality one that you can keep for a long time.

equineeventer3390 07-23-2010 12:59 AM

Im sure its legal but all that pink and "bling" seems a little tacky, especially for the level you will be doing. If you were just doing first or second level, it'd be a little more acceptable. I would just get one with white padding and browband with pink crystals or pearls or something!

Zeke 07-23-2010 01:00 AM

I'm with anebel, I LOVE the idea of the pink because it sounds adorbale but to me it's not professional/serious enough for a high level event. Just IMO...

equineeventer3390 07-23-2010 01:01 AM

Another thing, those bridles are very expensive. I'm sure the pink is even more! Assuming your under 18 since you said juniors? Think about a few years from now. When your 20 something or even 30 and still showing dressage. You won't want to have to buy another bridle and I'm sure when your 20-30 you won't want to use a pink bridle. It may seem fun and cute now, but i think you will out grow it. I went all out with pink when i first started eventing when I was 12. By the time i was 16 i'd outgrown it and moved to just a black pad with pink trim and pink and black boots. and now my colors are blue!Just something to think about since its so expensive.

ridergirl23 07-23-2010 01:08 AM

awwwww! hahaha thanks for your in put guys!
wait wait wait anebel... international level?!?!?!?!?! really?!?!!?! i sure hope so!!
Im not very informed when it comes to the dressage world, lol.

Haha i already told my coachi wanted a pink one, she laughed, but she will let me, lol. She likes glitter to xD

Im not usually the person to follow the well beaten path, lol. I will see, the last tiem i saw the bridle was around january or longer, so i will see if its still at the tack store first of all, and secondly i will look at the pink, I want a light pink, not hot. And if I still love it by then (hopefully nextweek we are going!) Then i will get it. If its not there, or it is to hot pink for my liking, I will be back on here asking for your guys advice on what double bridle brand you think is the best xD

thanks again guys! I will post if i get it or not! haha. The one problem i think i might have with it (besides the hot pink) is if the noeband is thin, I LOVE big thick nosebands on double bridles, lol. :)

ridergirl23 07-23-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equineeventer3390 (Post 698993)
Another thing, those bridles are very expensive. I'm sure the pink is even more! Assuming your under 18 since you said juniors? Think about a few years from now. When your 20 something or even 30 and still showing dressage. You won't want to have to buy another bridle and I'm sure when your 20-30 you won't want to use a pink bridle. It may seem fun and cute now, but i think you will out grow it. I went all out with pink when i first started eventing when I was 12. By the time i was 16 i'd outgrown it and moved to just a black pad with pink trim and pink and black boots. and now my colors are blue!Just something to think about since its so expensive.

uh oh, your right... Im (hopefully never though, lol) probably getting another horse one day in my life (i plan on having renan until one of us kills the other) and that horses color probably wont be pink..... i never thought of that! thank you! i will talk to my parents about that....... they might not want to spend like, 800 dollars on two bridles, lol.

Zeke 07-23-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equineeventer3390 (Post 698993)

I cannot stress how much you should think long and hard about this. New horse or not, Rena's colors can change as you grow up and maybe advance higher in dressage. Plain black and white goes with EVERYTHING therefore will always be in style for you. I'd just hate to see you spend lots of money on something that loses it's style or your interest in a year or two.

ridergirl23 07-23-2010 01:19 AM

Yess, thank you, it has been making me think, haha because My first horses colors were purple, which was hard to weed out so that renas colors would be pink. lol.

I think i will talk to my parents tomorrow and ask if they think we could just buy it, then buy a new one in a year or two or something... haha my dad probably wont agree with this plan, me and mom just went on a shopping spree xD
but i will ask them and see what they think.