The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   AQHA Probable Buy... Please tell me what you think :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/aqha-probable-buy-please-tell-me-60281/)

horsea 07-21-2010 09:26 AM

AQHA Probable Buy... Please tell me what you think :)

All of her stats (Including bloodlines) are found here: ZIPPO PINE BAR,Gr.Daughter 2006 Sorrel Mare | Buy this Horse at Equine.com

Thank you for looking, I really quite like her...

http://static.equine.com/listing_ima...3223310_hd.jpg

speedy da fish 07-21-2010 09:36 AM

A quite like her too, depends what you want her for... ?
I dont know much about QHs though
Shes a bit butt high, but she is 4, right? she may grow out of it.
Her back legs are straight too, but I dont find that a problem with my jumper :D
Neck a little short maybe but that may be just my taste.

horsea 07-21-2010 09:41 AM

I was thinking all-arounder with her (jumping, western pleasure, etc)
Thank you for that critique :) And she is 4 so she should grow a touch more

iridehorses 07-21-2010 10:01 AM

What I see is a slightly shorter neck then I like and he is a little over on his front legs. His back legs are fine (draw a line from the point of his bum, through his cannon, and you get a straight line) but they turn out. Although he is down hill, at age 4, he can grow out of that. His head is rather common but he seems to have a calm attitude. Overall he looks like a nice stocky roping horse.

lilruffian 07-21-2010 12:42 PM

I like her. She may grow a bit more in height but from here on out most of her growth will go to muscle mass & her actual bone/height growth will slow down, so a change won't be noticable right away ( maybe in a year or more you'll look back at this pic & say "hey, she looks alot bigger!) lol
She's got very promising hindquarters as well.

draftrider 07-21-2010 12:45 PM

I think she would look a world better with the winter fuzzies gone, her mane pulled and just tidied up.

She is lacking a lot of muscling, that will come with work. I would buy her.

shesinthebarn 07-23-2010 06:27 AM

I think it's a great price for her. I too think that with some cleaning up she will look like a different horse. She's not perfect, but for the price I'd say she looks like a steal! Were she here I'd probobly go pick her up myself - even to put miles on and re-sell!

Ridehorses99 07-23-2010 11:30 AM

She does look more like a "stock-type" horse than the typical Zippo Pine Bar pleasure horse. I have a Zippo gelding that is wonderful. That line is typically very laid back, calm, and a tad lazy. They make great pleasure and trail horses.

britneypadilla 07-23-2010 07:21 PM

Very cute! Although the back legs cock out a bit, other than that very nice looking horse :)

horsea 07-24-2010 09:18 AM

Well, I diddn't get her. Someone called about her the day before I did and they are taking her. She is a really great horse. Oh well, I will find something else :)