The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Could you give me your opinions on her confo please? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/could-you-give-me-your-opinions-60308/)

Quest 07-21-2010 04:53 PM

Could you give me your opinions on her confo please?
 
This my first horse and I am learning SOOOO much with her. Shes gentle and very forgiving, she has lots of personality too which I love. I dont care if she has the worst conformation ever in a horse, I will love her no less. I just find it interesting learning about the conformation and wondering how she holds up in that dept :) Right now I dont do anything specific with her, I just take lessons at the barn shes boarded at and trail riding when I can. She is currently transitioning to barefoot, which I will make another post about that later, so we havent gone out on the trails since because I am getting her some boots to make her confortable. Heres a few pics of her, if you need better angle shots I can get those for ya too. She is a 14.2h 10 yr old APHA reg mare...

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...S/DSC_0942.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...S/DSC_0822.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...S/DSC_0915.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...S/DSC_0881.jpg

King 07-21-2010 05:02 PM

Beautiful mare!
She has a beautiful powerful shoulder.
I'd work on muscling up and hind quarters and gaskin to match the shoulder :)

Quest 07-21-2010 06:29 PM

Thank you! What excerises you think I could do to help that area?

BewareLowFlyingCat 07-21-2010 06:47 PM

Hmm...not bad overall. The only problems I see are that she's slightly post-legged(nothing you can fix, but it's very slight and will not affect her movement), she's also very slightly ewe-necked, but with some on-the-bit work, that could be fixed. Her gaskins are thin, as already stated, but with some Tracking work(when the horse uses it's rear equally with it's front, you'll tell if she's tracking if her front hoofprint is overlaid by her hind hoofprint) and alot of collected work(trotting and cantering) her gaskins will muscule up nicely. Not a bad looking horse!

A knack for horses 07-21-2010 06:52 PM

Absolutely Gorgeous horse!

As far as I can see, her hind legs look like they are out from underneath her.
Her neck is a bit on the short side, but that may just be my taste.
Also, she needs some more muscling on her hind end to really give her the wow factor.

Quest 07-21-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BewareLowFlyingCat (Post 697839)
Hmm...not bad overall. The only problems I see are that she's slightly post-legged(nothing you can fix, but it's very slight and will not affect her movement), she's also very slightly ewe-necked, but with some on-the-bit work, that could be fixed. Her gaskins are thin, as already stated, but with some Tracking work(when the horse uses it's rear equally with it's front, you'll tell if she's tracking if her front hoofprint is overlaid by her hind hoofprint) and alot of collected work(trotting and cantering) her gaskins will muscule up nicely. Not a bad looking horse!

yeah she does need more muscle in the back, I can see what you guys mean. I had a barefoot trimmer come out and she said that the reason why she lacks muscling in the legs is because she was shod, could that be true? They use less of their leg muscles when shoed? She has been barefoot a month now, so hopefully if this is true, being barefoot will help with that. My trainer has also said she is stiff in the back, esp on one side but I cant remember which side she said :? She tends to vear more left and I have a little bit of a hard time keeping her on the rail on the right side, if that makes any sense lol.

Quest 07-21-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A knack for horses (Post 697841)
Absolutely Gorgeous horse!

As far as I can see, her hind legs look like they are out from underneath her.
Her neck is a bit on the short side, but that may just be my taste.
Also, she needs some more muscling on her hind end to really give her the wow factor.

Thank you! Hopefully I can even her out and get some updates.

Thank you to all that responded!

Deerly 07-22-2010 12:26 AM

Great color! She's adorable and you love her and that's what is important to me!

Does she have a pouty mouth naturally or are those just the pictures?

I love her mane and tail, the white is so pretty!

Quest 07-22-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deerly (Post 698058)
Great color! She's adorable and you love her and that's what is important to me!

Does she have a pouty mouth naturally or are those just the pictures?

I love her mane and tail, the white is so pretty!

Thank you, I love her frosted mane too. :)

she does have a bit of a parrot mouth, so that is prob why..

You horse a GORGEOUS btw, I just love palaminos!

rowanspridenjoy 07-22-2010 10:15 AM

agreed! nice powerful shoulder, and lunging would always build that up more! shes absolutely beautiful :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0