The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Fast cooking recipes? (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/fast-cooking-recipes-60367/)

inaclick 07-22-2010 11:47 AM

Fast cooking recipes?

Hello!
Although there are billions of recipe pages, I was thinking that perhaps some of us are skilled in cooking and some of us - like me... - are not so much.:D

Do you have a favourite type of snack that you can prepare fast in between barn chores or in the morning?

Here is mine, but please beware, I still am a bit of a rookie in the kitchen.

Garlic Bread:
How long does it take:
5-10 minutes
What you need:

few loafes of bread of your favourite type
some butter
some garlic
another ingredient that you like. I like bacon for example, or cheese :)

How to make this:

Mash the garlic in the blender - or if you dont have a blender just chop it down
Mix the buter with the garlic well. I use a fork for that..or the mixer.
Put a layer of garlic butter on each loaf, place them in the oven at medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Take a look, when they look golden and crispy, the're ready.
Take them out and add cheese / salad / fresh bell pepper slices / whatever you want actually. I doubt it mixes well with sweet stuff, but you never know :-P

The reason for which I add the rest of the ingredients after is that I like my tartines crispy on the outside and puffy on the inside, and by adding bacon in the oven the whole thing might get a bit greasy.

TaMMa89 07-22-2010 04:54 PM

Sounds yummy! Have to try sometimes.

Quick cheese-grill spice sandwich, takes few minutes.

A slice of bread
Few slices of cheese
Butter
Grill spice (also pizza spice goes).

Butter the slice of bread and cover it with cheese slices. Sprinkle grill spice on the cheese cover and throw in microwawe. Wait till cheese has melt and take the sandwich out. Eat with good appetite.