The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Possibly the Stupidest Question Ever... Please Don't Laugh at Me :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/possibly-stupidest-question-ever-please-dont-60368/)

anrz 07-22-2010 12:49 PM

Possibly the Stupidest Question Ever... Please Don't Laugh at Me :)

Alright, well, although l've been riding for 7 years and have been learning as much as l can about horses and horse care, l STlLL don't know which side is the right or the left side. ls it the right or left side when you are FAClNG the horse, or when you are facing the same DlRECTlON as the horse? l've always wondered that, but it seemed like such a stupid question that l never wanted to ask :oops:.

AQHA13 07-22-2010 12:52 PM

When you are facing the same direction as you horse, then you can tell their right or left side. :)

AQHA13 07-22-2010 12:54 PM

So basically if you were sitting on your horse, whatever side of his body your right side is on, that is his right side too. Same goes for the left side..

anrz 07-22-2010 12:55 PM

haha alright, thanks :).

Speed Racer 07-22-2010 12:55 PM

Their right or left side doesn't change, just your view of them depending on whether you're facing them or facing the same way as they are. :wink:

Remember, your left and right sides don't change regardless of who's standing in front, behind, or to the side of you. It works the same for horses.

ninjahorse 07-22-2010 12:56 PM

yup, she's right. It's when you are facing the same direction as the horse.

AQHA13 07-22-2010 12:58 PM

Your Welcome! (and it wasn't a stupid question!)

anrz 07-22-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 698411)
Their right or left side doesn't change, just your view of them depending on whether you're facing them or facing the same way as they are. :wink:

Remember, your left and right sides don't change regardless of who's standing in front, behind, or to the side of you. It works the same for horses.

haha, true :). l didn't even think of that :oops:. Now you may laugh at me :)

Speed Racer 07-22-2010 01:09 PM

Nope, no laughing. It was a legitimate question. I get confoozled by simple things sometimes, too.

Vidaloco 07-22-2010 01:17 PM

OK, to further confuse you :lol:
I don't use left or right when it comes to the horse. I find it way to confusing as well. I say "near side" for the left or side you get on from. "Off side" for the right side.
I got in the habit from talking saddles. Nearside latigo, offside billet etc.