The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   White Pro-Choice Ventech Elite SMB's - Dirty quickly? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/white-pro-choice-ventech-elite-smbs-60401/)

thejessiefox 07-22-2010 05:02 PM

White Pro-Choice Ventech Elite SMB's - Dirty quickly?

Hey there!
I can't decide if I want these boots in black or white. Do the white ones dirty quickly? If so, do they clean easily? To me, nothing is cleaner or crisper than white. At the same time, everyone knows white is a dangerous colour when is comes to horses.

kchfuller 07-22-2010 05:21 PM

They get "dusty" ... if you plan to use them every day i would get black but if you are going to use them on special occasions i would get the white :D

thejessiefox 07-22-2010 05:32 PM

They'd be used every few days. I heard that if you spray scotchguard on them, it helps. We are religious with washing our equipment (in oxyclean and bleach), so I think they would stay white for the most part.

kchfuller 07-22-2010 05:54 PM

They would- but every time you wash them (especially with any bleach product) it wears on the stitching ... just a thought :D

thejessiefox 07-22-2010 09:55 PM

Now I can't decide between the black ones or the giraffe print.. :P

Cinnys Whinny 07-22-2010 10:41 PM

If you get the white, don't bleach them, they will turn a funky orange... I rinse mine immediately after each use and wash them using oxy-clean and the hold up pretty well.

thejessiefox 07-22-2010 10:56 PM

Okay, thank you :) I think when I start reining, I'll definitely look into getting white ones for shows.

MIEventer 07-23-2010 11:49 AM

You can also dye them with RIT colors that you can buy from Walmart or other stores like it. Go down the Laundry Detergent isles and you'll find them.

I will wash mine as often as I can, and then when they get to the point of the dirt not dissapearing - I'll dye them with the RIT.

reachthestars 07-23-2010 11:52 PM

I have the white bellboots... arena dirt doesn't come out if you forget to wash them right after your ride, just as an fyi :P.