The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Registering a weanling (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/registering-weanling-60434/)

horseluver250 07-23-2010 08:09 AM

Registering a weanling

Can someone tell me what paperwork I need to get from the breeder to register my new weanling AQHA? We are picking him up sunday, so I want to make sure everything is in order. I've only had older AQHAs that have already been registered, I just needed to transfer them, so I'm not sure what I actually need for a new registry.

farmpony84 07-23-2010 09:40 AM

The breeder should have the form. It will have the mother and the fathers information already on it and the breeder will need to sign. If I remember right the breeder is first owner so he'll need to sign the transfer on the paper. You can register and transfer at the same time. You can do it without pictures or with. If you do it with pictures I think you need a CD w/ 4 confo shots. (I did it without pix).

nrhareiner 07-23-2010 11:33 AM

First is the foal already registered? It really should be but at times people sell foals with just a registration certificate. If that is the case make sure that you have all the correct signatures. It will need to be singed by the mare owner at time of breeding. It will also need to be signed by the stallion owner. Then you will need a signed transfer also. Make sure the owner is a current AQHA member or you will be paying for that too.

farmpony84 07-23-2010 12:51 PM

teehee... my mom was mare owner and my trainer was stallion owner so mine was easy... I just couldnt remember how it worked...

mls 07-23-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 699196)
people sell foals with just a registration certificate.

Breeders Certificate

Should be from AQHA - shows date(s) mare was bred, her registration information and the stallions registration information.

horseluver250 07-23-2010 02:30 PM

Great thanks everyone. The seller owns both the mare and stallion so shouldn't be too much of a problem. I just didn't want to be leaving without the proper papers for him.