The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Law (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-law/)
-   -   catch rider contract (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-law/catch-rider-contract-60448/)

JRL 07-23-2010 01:50 PM

catch rider contract

I am new here and just looking for a little help. I currently own 9 horses, 3 of which are barrel horses, and although I ride them, I am interested in having someone ride one for me, competatively. I am looking for a catch rider or jockey contract. I need something that will specify % of winnings split and cost, ect...a temptate contract would be very helpful as I do not want to pay the legal fees to have one drafted by a lawyer. thanks, -JRL

Just Ruthiey 08-01-2010 10:03 AM

You are like 21 hours from me! Ugh. If you were closer I would be all over that deal... & well at this very moment I have my hands tied with my 2yr old Arab.

If you do need help with the contract I could help you out. No fee.

JRL 08-03-2010 12:35 AM

thank you Ruth! I do have 2 candidates for the spot i just need to finish the contract now...i will send you my draft of the one i wrote to see what you think, if i can figure out how to upload it to the forum that is...maybe tomorrow...to tired tonight...

Alwaysbehind 08-03-2010 08:08 AM

This is probably something an equine lawyer in your state would be best to have address for you.

Too many details to cover that a simple wrong word could lead to all kinds of issues.

JRL 08-03-2010 11:09 AM

yeah the problem is they all want an arm and a leg to draft a "custom" contract. There has to be a generic catch rider contract out there some where...I cant be the first person in the horse world to have a catch rider under contract...lol

Amir 08-10-2010 01:04 AM

This website might have something that could help you out.
Equine Legal Solutions: Legal Counsel with Horse Sense. Call us toll free (866) 385-2972
There's a heap of contracts for sales, leases, boarding etc there's bound to be something to at least give you a hint of the things you need to cover.

JRL 08-10-2010 12:59 PM

yeah i do use that site, but they are the ones that wanted way to much for a "custom writen" contract. and there is nothing in there site about rider or jockey contracts...just the liablity stuff...