The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   My Art Journal (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/my-art-journal-60482/)

lilruffian 07-23-2010 07:34 PM

My Art Journal

2 Attachment(s)
Well, i looked at a couple other's art journals & thought they were pretty awesome, so i wanted to start one of my own!:D
Currently, i am working on a painting of my 2 dogs, Meggie & Zero. Here's a picture of them & what the painting looks like at this stage.
I will keep updating the pages so that you can all see how the painting is coming along!

lilruffian 07-23-2010 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got the background done tonight. Wasn't sure what color to go with so i did 2!

Kayty 07-24-2010 11:42 AM

Good job :D You definitely didn't pick easy references to work from either haha, you poor thing you'll really have your work cut out for you!
I love your choice of colours *thumbs up*

lilruffian 07-24-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayty (Post 699927)
Good job :D You definitely didn't pick easy references to work from either haha, you poor thing you'll really have your work cut out for you!
I love your choice of colours *thumbs up*

Yah i know! It's my luck i ended up with both poodles n their silly curls but i don't think the white guy will be too much of an issue because i just cut his hair before the picture lol:lol: As for the grey (his mom, coincidentally) will be another story...
I love your journal btw! Awesome stuff! :-)

Equusketch 07-24-2010 04:42 PM

That's cool. I've always wanted to try an oval painting. Can't wait to see the progression
Posted via Mobile Device

Kayty 07-24-2010 08:50 PM

Well I'm keen to see how it progresses, it's a good learning curve to work from a tricky reference ;) You wouldn't believe how many terrible quality images, much worse than these, I am asked to draw a commission piece from. I feel bad charging full price for these works, as you just cannot get the detail you'd like into them.

And thankyou re: my art journal, haha it's confusing me seeing in my notifications 'my art journal' pop up, don't know whether it's yours or mine :P

lilruffian 07-24-2010 09:30 PM

Ya i never thought lol i shoulda changed the name of mine...

lilruffian 07-24-2010 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I got Zero finished.:-) Still have some touchups to do on him when the whole thing is done.

lilruffian 07-26-2010 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Starting on Meggie... shouldn't take too much longer to finish the body. I got ride of the glare in her eyes from the camera flash.

lilruffian 07-26-2010 09:23 PM

Meggie & Zero finished

1 Attachment(s)
All done!:D