The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   i feel so bad :/ (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/i-feel-so-bad-60775/)

justinebee 07-27-2010 01:54 AM

i feel so bad :/

so i've been working with my horse on her extreme water fear. lately she's been getting really comfortable with the creek and will lead down into it all on her own. she likes to leap out of the creek onto the bridge that's not too high up (like 2 feet, if that) when she's all done. curious, i wanted to see if she would leap into the creek from the bridge. well, she did, but she completely bailed :( i felt soo bad! once her front two feet got to the creek her back two tripped and she fell completely on her side, legs in the air, and cut up her back legs a little. it's not too bad i just felt crummy about it. she didn't really care about it/wasn't phased by it until we started cleaning it out, which she didn't care for :P

just venting about what happened today..

Eolith 07-27-2010 01:58 AM

Poor girl. Amazing the things they'll do just because we say so, huh?

Don't beat yourself up about it too much though. We all make mistakes, and as long as we learn from them and no one is seriously hurt or traumatized, that's all that matters.

I'm sure you've given her plenty of loving after the fact.

justinebee 07-27-2010 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eolith (Post 702454)
Poor girl. Amazing the things they'll do just because we say so, huh?

Don't beat yourself up about it too much though. We all make mistakes, and as long as we learn from them and no one is seriously hurt or traumatized, that's all that matters.

I'm sure you've given her plenty of loving after the fact.

oh my gosh "plenty" is an understatement haha. i felt like she was so upset/sad about getting hurt at first, but then had to remind myself that she is not a human, therefore does not have human thoughts like that. besides, she was acting like nothing even happened after she got up, which made me feel a little silly :P

the cuts are really small, it was just a little dramatic seeing my big horse fall to the ground, literally on her back. i ran over to go pick her up (as if i really could), but she got up all on her own and walked it off like nothing happened.