The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Considering leasing Cinny out, what is your opinion?

806 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Cinnys Whinny 
#1 ·
I have had a family issue come up and can't spend as much time working with Cinny as I really want to for the next 6 months. I was thinking of maybe finding a college student (I live in a BIG university town) who is experienced with horses and wants a horse to ride while they are in college. He is very very green, has some issues and they would most likely be fixing those issues for me in the process.

What I would like is person X has been working/showing horses since they were a kid. Now person X is coming to my city to go to college but can't afford to bring any of their horses here. So I lease them Cinny, they pay only half the board and work with him as much as they want...it gets them a horse to ride, it gets Cinny experience and work he needs and when it's all done I have a more rideable horse.

But I have this nagging feeling that I am asking too much and this is really taking advantage of someone when I should instead shell out bucks to have a trainer work with him... but even if I pay a trainer, he will sit besides what the trainer does with him. And I really can't afford board and training on a horse that I won't be able to spend much time with for the next 6 months or so.

What do you guys think? I know some of you are college age, what is your view on this? I may not actually do it, I'm just...thinking... And I don't want to sell him just because I won't have more than maybe 5-6 hours a week to spend with him.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.