The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Serious Need To Vent (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/serious-need-vent-60907/)

Beau Baby 07-28-2010 01:32 PM

Serious Need To Vent

Hy guys,

I have a serious need to vent right now. My instructor is pissing me off big time. I am seriously having second thoughts about riding at the barn I'm at and taking lessons from her. She is a Level III coach and was shortlisted for the 2000 olympics so she's a dime a dozen for good instructors. But she has started to push all my buttons the wrong way. I worked {quit 2 days ago} for her as an employee for the past 2 years. She was good until this year, she got pissed and yelled at me because I didn't clean the feed room good enough. Stuff hadn't been put away but hen I ad left the feed room earlier everything was put away, the BM just went in there after and was making feeds and didn't put the scoops away, so I got in ****.

So then she decides to go down to Rebecca Farms because her horse was invited to the 2*. Woohoo! good for her right? WRONG. She takes Legs down there and he's lame! The working student who went with her said that she iced his legs before the trot up so he jsut barely passed it, and then she rode him in dressage, WHILE HE WAS LAME. He's now on pasture rest for 3 months. No ****! So then one of her OTTB's got hurt like 4 days ago, could barely walk he was that lame. Yesterday she pulls him out and trots him around. Her comment was "he's a little off but work him and see if he gets better" when she knew how lame he was 3 days ago. So now he's lame, severely and on stall rest. No kidding.

Then 2 days ago her and my mom were talking about horses and riding. You know what she said to my mom? She told my mom I wasn't good enough to ride her horses and now my mom pretty much refuses to get me a new horse. When according to my instructor nobody is freaking good enough to ride her horses. Not even a working student who came from Australia who is a trainer, worked racehorses on the track and rode polo ponies for years. So now I don't get a Thoroughbred because my instructor thinks I'm not good enough to ride her horses. Ugh! {the not good enough thing is my hands, I tend to let them go flat and its something I am seriously seriously working on}.

So there's my rant, if you lasted heres a cookie and if you didn't you wouldn't see this so you get no cookie. :)

PumpkinzMyBaby22 07-29-2010 03:25 AM

Awww. That must be soooo annoying to go through!
Have you talked to your mum about the 'getting the horse' thing? I have problems with my hands to.. I know what you are talking bout :p
Good luck with the situation! Best of luck

Beau Baby 07-29-2010 12:25 PM

I have tried to talk to her Pumpkin but my mom thinks my instructor is a saint and could do no wrong and listens to whatever she says. Which in my moms mind means I can't get another horse until my coach says I can ride hers. Which will never happen because my coach doesn't think anyone is good enough to ride her horses.

LoveStory10 07-29-2010 12:39 PM

Wow, thats something. The fact that she rode her horse while he was lame is just awful. I would explain to your mom all thats going on or has been going on. It doesnt hurt to try right?

Can I have my cookie now lol? :wink:

Beau Baby 07-29-2010 12:45 PM

haha lovestory yes you can have a cookie and it is horrible. she goes on and on about how she hates people abusing there horses but what she's doing is abuse. if she has to ice a horse to pass a trot up she shouldn't be doing it in the first place. I have actually brought it up with my mom but my coach talked to my mom about the show first so my mom got her side of the story and automatically its the right one. :( I have actually emailed 2 other coahces around my area. Just out of curiosity and all.

xdrybonesxvalleyx 07-30-2010 09:57 AM

That sucks, really bad.

I'd recommend INSTANTLY getting another coach. My trainer was absolutely terrible, got me hurt, and got the horses hurt. My friend almost broke her collarbone pushing away from a metal gate that was open, because if she didn't she would've seriously harmed the horse--but the trainer of course yelled at her. She made it seem like everything was our fault, even though it was unsafe because of the situation she put us and the horses in.

Don't take that--go find another trainer, get their respect, and get their mom and their side--and they'll probably be supportive of you gettnig the horse. ^^

Beau Baby 07-30-2010 03:00 PM

thnx drybones. I actually emailed two differant coaches in my area. One is a little to far for me to go but seems like she'd be amazing, though I have a friend who says she's a #*%(#. The other coach has yet to get back to me. The first one also suggested another coach who will be easy for me to contact because my farrier is her husband so woohoo.

Jessabel 07-30-2010 06:22 PM

I found it funny that she doesn't think you're a good enough rider when she's the one riding lame horses. I would run for the hills because of that, if nothing else. A so-called "coach" who rides horses when they're lame isn't worth a bucket of spit. You don't need that crap. Find yourself another teacher and forget about that buttface.