The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Show Rind Dress Code Question (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/show-rind-dress-code-question-60944/)

sixlets 07-28-2010 09:34 PM

Show Rind Dress Code Question

As long as I am wearing my jacket and stock tie I can wear any shirt underneath right? And is it okay to wear a white polo if they wave coats?

sixlets 07-28-2010 09:35 PM

Ooops, I meant to say "Ring" in the title

AngelWithoutWings54 07-28-2010 09:43 PM

Hmm... I don't know... I would always go with a show shirt, but I don't really show. I don't think polos are acceptable though.

sixlets 07-28-2010 11:01 PM

Kay, I'm just doing one show this year to test it out and I don't want to spend a whole bunch on new clothes for it since I already have to get white breeches

Kayty 07-29-2010 12:28 AM

Is the show official or just a pony club/unofficial show? Official comps require that you wear a show shirt, but if you're jacket and stock completely cover the polo and you're not planning on removing the jacket and stock at any time while mounted or at presentations should you place, you should be able to get away with it if it's just the one off show and not official

~*~anebel~*~ 07-29-2010 03:58 PM

I'm fairly sure there is actually a rule about the colour/type of the shirt and everything. Of course if you keep your jacket on, the steward won't say anything, but if jackets are waived and you choose to ride without one, you must follow the rules. Check with your NF rules (EC or USEF) they should be available online, or you can call a local steward.

equineeventer3390 07-31-2010 01:09 PM

I would definitely wear white under the jacket, thats for sure. As for what it is, the stock tie will cover most of it up. I wouldn't wear like a tshirt, it needs to have a collar.

Dover Saddlery | Romfh CoolMax Short Sleeve Dressage Show Shirt .
This is the shirt I wear under my show coat. It's not like a normal show shirt you would see in hunters, but it has a collar, and is actually for dressage. If jackets are excused, I just wear the same shirt tucked in with a belt. It looks alot better than a polo.

Valentina 08-02-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixlets (Post 704363)
As long as I am wearing my jacket and stock tie I can wear any shirt underneath right? As long as it a conservative color And is it okay to wear a white polo if they wave coats?

Yes - no tie, NOT sleeveless, open collar is the requirements