The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique My Position! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-my-position-61236/)

AngelWithoutWings54 08-01-2010 06:59 PM

Critique My Position!

5 Attachment(s)
Critique my position!!! (I know... It's not that great. I just wanna hear what you have to say. :-))

Also, when my heels look like they're up, I'm probably trying to get him to move. I know that this isn't the proper way to accomplish that, but we're trying to work it out.

Thanks!

Eliz 08-01-2010 07:21 PM

Pull your ams back so that your elbow is almost straight down from your shoulder.
Also, piano hands! Rotate those thumbs up! :)

Good job on the anti-chair seat. Its a pet peeve :)

masatisan 08-01-2010 07:52 PM

Bing your shoulders back and square, this'll automatically help with your arms. Your leg position is good, but try resting your feet flatter along his sides instead of digging in with your heels (I know you're working on it, good for you). Doing so will make your lower leg more effective as a whole because your lower leg contact will be better. (If you keep your legs processioned as such you will likely have sore legs at the end of yore next ride.) Also your saddle has short flaps and the way your leg fits it is nice, but the length your stirrups are at is ideal for jumping. Your leg probably won't sit as ideally on the roll, but dropping your stirrups at least one hole, preferably two would be ideal for flatwork.

I like your lower back and your position in the saddle, you aren't leaning and you are looking where you need yo go.

AngelWithoutWings54 08-02-2010 04:35 PM

Thanks for the tips, guys! I also noticed that about my arms, and I am now trying to fix it. I have major problems with keeping my shoulders square, too.

ThatNinjaHorse 08-02-2010 07:40 PM

The only thing i have to add really is relax! In some of the photos you look quite tense

ErikaLynn 08-03-2010 10:45 AM

keep your thumbs up, and bend your elbows more. That's a really pretty saddle pad...i love the color.

horseluver2435 08-03-2010 01:36 PM

Puppy paws! That's a huge pet peeve of mine- keep your thumbs up!