The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   My Friend Had A Very Very BAD fall. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/my-friend-had-very-very-bad-61506/)

Phantomcolt18 08-05-2010 11:33 AM

My Friend Had A Very Very BAD fall.

His horse tripped and went down the momentum caused her to roll over him, then she accidently kicked him in the shoulder when she got up. He was unconcious for a good 5 mins and was rushed to the hospital from the show. He lost all his memory and forgot who everyone was...within 24 hrs he got it all back but doesn't remember the fall (which i guess is a good thing). He got away with soft tissue damage and a concussion(sp?) his horse Taffy is still a bit sore on her lower back and her withers are no longer swollen but still sensitive. We had the vet come out and he said she's just bruised so we're using absorbine on her and it's making her feel better. Now my friend is preaching how important helmets are to everyone, without his helmet it could have been so much worse than a concusion :-(

charlicata 08-05-2010 11:49 AM

That is so scary! I'm glad everybody is going to be ok. You're right though, it could have ended up soooooo much worse.

Alwaysbehind 08-05-2010 12:21 PM

Ouch. That looks painful.
Glad both are OK.

Phantomcolt18 08-05-2010 05:24 PM

yeah my friend is being released from the hospital today it happened on saturday. Im so happy they're both ok....I've been taking care of their barn all week while he and his wife were at the hospital.

poundinghooves 08-05-2010 06:04 PM

Wow. I'm glad everyone is alright. Coulda been worse like Charlicata said.

churumbeque 08-05-2010 06:19 PM

One thing that really jumped out in that video is your friend looks way too big for the pony or horse not sure as it wasn't a good view and it looked like it was difficult for the horse to keep it's balance. Just a thought and glad everyone is going to be ok.

Phantomcolt18 08-05-2010 09:58 PM

Churumbeque-no she's about 15.3 and very, very stocky/full of muscle. He's had horses over 40 some yrs and knows what he's doing he would never get on a horse if it was going to be unconfortable for them.....Thanks for your concern though :)

Bubba just came home today he's very, very sore but I walked Taffy up to the car so he could see her and he hugged her head and gave her a kiss and kept telling her it wasn't her fault and how much he loved and missed her...it was adorable the man loves his horses <3

Alwaysbehind 08-06-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantomcolt18 (Post 711007)
He's had horses over 40 some yrs

Wow, I realize it is a small video so it is hard to tell these things, but I would have never guessed the person riding in that video was over 60 years old.

AfterParty 08-06-2010 10:49 AM

wow , so scary . Glad horse and rider are okay in the end !

Phantomcolt18 08-06-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind (Post 711347)
Wow, I realize it is a small video so it is hard to tell these things, but I would have never guessed the person riding in that video was over 60 years old.

Yup haha.....he wont be riding for at least 2 months however. He's always been riding and I don't think he plans on stopping anythime soon.:D