The Horse Forum banner

A Horse Roleplay? - anyone interested :)

5K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  JackofDiamonds 
#1 ·
I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in games, so if it doesn't belong feel free to move it :)

I was curious if anyone else or even a few people would be interested in doing some kind of a horse roleplay? I'm already working on a writing project that involves several horse plots and it seems like doing something like this might help increase my knowledge and get me more used to writing about hoses. Plus it seems like it might be a lot of fun! I'll be the first to admit I haven't ridden very much and have very little practical experience with horses (hopefully someday), but I've been researching quite a bit and certainly enjoy writing so this is a new challenge. I was thinking something set at some sort of stable/training school type of thing. I've been researching English style riding, but really I'm flexible.

#5 ·
I don't want to butt in or anything... and I'm not sure if this is something any of you would be interested in... but I have an old RP site that I put together a couple years ago. It never really got off the ground because there weren't enoough people interested, but if people here wanted to give it another shot I could "reboot" it... delete all of the old stuff and so on.

It's set in the old west... so it would involve a lot of western riding. I'm sure we could shimmy in some rich priveleged english riders somewhere though. ^_^

Check it out. http://greysages.proboards.com/

#8 ·
I've played a few and loved them! One was just wild horses and herds, you played the horse or multiple horses. The other was set up where you could play human or horse and it was pretty neat too!

#18 ·
I'm sorry, but I know none of you are crazy people. So WTheck is role playing?

#19 ·
Lol, no worries. Basically it's a creative writing game. Each person creates their own character (or sometimes multiple characters). The character is their "role" and they will interact with other characters to create a story line.

It might seem sort of silly, but it's pretty fun. ^_^

Here's a good example of two characters interacting to create a storyline: Grey Sages - sherrif``hArd.dAys.nIght

#20 ·
Ahhh, it's kind of like a interactive online games, with out the online game part. It sounds totally awesome!

#25 ·
We might be able to sneak an arab or part arab into the RP... not so sure about the friesians. The mustangs in the area can have a very strong Spanish influence if you like (considering mustangs of the time were more closely related to the horses of the conquistadors). So from that standpoint you could bascially have a mustang that looked a heck of a lot like an andalusian.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.