The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Pony Club-grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/pony-club-grooming-616/)

Kiki 02-06-2007 10:50 PM

Pony Club-grooming

Hi Im sorta new here and me and my Tb mare Dana are about to enter PC for the first time soon.

I've read the PC manuels but I'd love some tips on anything paticlarly mane braiding

Thanks
Kiki

horsie24 02-12-2007 02:03 PM

kit

there are some good mane braiding kits out there with all the supplies you need to braid for shows and such, if you ask around you can probably find one that many people have been happy with!

Kiki 02-12-2007 05:34 PM

:D :D

Thanks!! I have got one of those kit thinghies with rubber bands and stuff and I have tried braiding but they turned out like fuzzy caterpillas. :shock: :shock: :shock:

And donet you sew them up with thread of stuff???

showpony@heart 02-26-2007 01:03 AM

I wish i could help i know howc to do it but to explain it without a mane ain't gonna happen, Sorry!

sparky 02-26-2007 04:55 AM

Here is a site that i found quite useful when i was learning how to braid for my first show.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/equinekids/braiding.html

TudorRose 02-26-2007 10:49 AM

Hi there,

Are you joining pony club in the US? I am a graduate B pony clubber and now teach and examine through the C2 rating level. You are not required to braid for pony club and in fact are not allowed to until you are a C1 or above so you have 3 ratings to take before you are even allowed to briad. So you have plenty of time to practice :)

Pony club likes grooming over bathing although as you get higher rated you will need to bathe too but not as a substitute for grooming. As a new pony cluber the expectation is that your tack be clean and that your pony be well brushed. This means no dry mud of sweat, hooves picked out and tail and mane brushed through. There are no requirements on mane length or what side it should fall on so don't worry about that.

Let me know if you have any other questions or ask your clubs district commissioner. You're going to love Pony Club and will have a great time.

Kiki 02-26-2007 10:24 PM

Thanks for the website Sparky but I cant access it on school computers I gotta try it at the public library.

TudorRose: Im entering in Aust and when I went to investigate it seemed everyone had their manes braided. Thats mainly why I asked. I also read that depending on your age not your abilities you take the test....is that true? Because I've read the 15-17 age test and some of the stuff I have no idea about.......

Can you also give me an idea what goses on at PC coz when I went it was Gymkhana day and the place was an absolute shemozzel (mess).......

Thanks...... :D :D :D :)

showpony@heart 02-27-2007 05:50 AM

I do pc in NSW but the levels etc are different around Oz- however on our 'certificates' there are age limits in the fact that you have to be at leasdt a certain age before you can do the test however there is no too old age limit (sorry bout the really bad grammer!) you can slowly move from D, D*, C, C* etc as you become more knowledgable.

Kiki 02-27-2007 10:12 PM

Ohhhhhh :D :D :D ....I see

So for the D* test although it has 8 yrs up or watever it dosnt matter even if your 99 yrs old.......I geuss thats good

Thanks Showpony@heart.

So what grooming do you do for you PC level?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

showpony@heart 02-28-2007 03:21 AM

Well i've only done up to my C certificate but i did it about 3-4 yrs ago and i've been lazy this year i'm going to do my C*, K & B certificate, so i would have to look up the criteria for them,

I've just been searching but you would have to contact the secretary of your club for the criteria and abilities needed for each certificate, sorry :(