The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Draft Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/)
-   -   Friesians anyone? (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/friesians-anyone-61624/)

Friesian Crazy 08-06-2010 06:06 PM

Friesians anyone?

I own a Friesian which is considered a light draft, does anyone else have a Friesian? I'm crazy about them, they're a ton of fun to ride and are very powerful movers.

Tessa T 08-06-2010 06:11 PM

Okay so I don't have any NOW, but the Friesian is my dream horse.
Ever since I was a little girl I was going to grow up and own in my opinion one of the most majestic and awe inspiring horse breeds known. You are SO lucky. :D Do you have a picture?

westernpleasuregal 08-06-2010 06:25 PM

i llloovvee friesians! i was going to buy one that was about 2 towns away,but then they updayed their ad to say that he was 25-30 years old! WHAT THE HECK?! LOL

Friesian Crazy 08-06-2010 06:39 PM

What a bummer! I hope you're able to get one someday, they're really are an amazing breed! :D

mliponoga 08-06-2010 07:28 PM

I as well plan on owning one someday, but am also considering breeding my mare to the Baron (Friesian stud here in MI) in hopes of a Grulla Friesian Sport horse. Please post some pictures!

azarni 08-06-2010 10:16 PM

Welcome to the forum!
I'd love to see pictures, too.

mumiinek 08-06-2010 10:36 PM

Finally one for friesians, yay! I was going to start one if nobody else would. I have a friesian, he's my everything. His name is Max but I call him Apfelstrudel, I find it selfish when people rename horses that are already used to their old names. I would call my german shepherd Max but a friesian... lol

And uhm... Please do not read if you don't like facebook. Could you guys do a little tiny favour for me? And friesian horses for that matter. There's this facebook game I play, it's about horse racing. There's a contest going on about a design for a new horse that will be added to the game. There's tons (hundreds?) of new designs, robots, aliens, pink horses with blue mane and stuff like that... well nobody has made a friesian yet so I did. It would totally make my day if you could vote for us. You just click "like" on this website Login | Facebook it takes one second, really (unless you have to log in first, then it will take 10). If you don't like these things, facebook, games, horse racing, asking people for favours then please ignore this post, I don't wanna hear how pathetic I am. Thank you!!

Friesian Crazy 08-06-2010 10:43 PM

Yep... Here he is, his name is Xander, short for Alexander the Great. My avatar pic is him too. He's from Holland and has a heart of gold... =)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lMtsN0sXH6...der+%26+I1.jpg

Friesian Crazy 08-06-2010 10:45 PM

We'd love to see a picture of Max too! =)

Tessa T 08-06-2010 11:00 PM

OH, he is stunning...almost too stunning. Just wow. (: