The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenyatta went 18 for 18 tonight!

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  hhadavis 
#1 ·
Did anyone catch the Queen's 18th start and 18th win tonight?! I can't wait to get home and see it!! She is absolutely incredible.
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
Well its about time racing had a horse that everyone will remember! I mean, there's Curlin & Barbaro but to me it seems that the 70's was the last memorable decade. You know a horse is incredible when people who aren't even horse racing fans have heard of them! You go girl!

(And to paintluver - i watch that show ALL the time to!! was a little confused when joe talamo & california flag lost (cuz i know they won in the Breeders' Cup last year) & then i realized that the episodes are from 2008 lol :)

#8 ·
That dance is adorable!!!!!!!!!! Watching Zenyatta come around the turn I swear she looks to be twice as big as the other horses..... Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 ·
Wildest Art Journal

Lol i have to say this post gave me a little artistic inspiration this morning :wink: So i sketched up a pic of the current queens of racing; Zenyatta, Rachel Alexandra & Rags to Riches.

Attachments

#15 ·
WOW lilruffian that is an amazing sketch! I'd love for you to do my boy!

And yes guys, I am as amazed with her as you are!! I hope she goes 20 for 20 and they retire her then.
Well you can send a pic (or post one on my thread "Wildest Art Journal") & i could give him a try! :wink:

#18 ·
Absolutely amazing, what a game little filly!

Very interesting to me is the fact that she wasn't raced until late into her 3 year old year - kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? Only time will tell, but it would be nice if people looked at her and questioned the intelligence of racing undeveloped 2 year olds.

#19 ·
They should have tried her for the Triple Crown! She would've smashed all the boys (& Rachel or course). But then again if she wasn;t raced until 3 she probably wouldn't have had enough points to enter...

#21 ·
I think its fantastic that they waited until she was older..less chance of tragic injuries that some of the younger racing horses end up with because I think they are started far too young. The main reason I dont watch horse races are because of those injuries (also cant watch animal planet anymore:), which while some are just part of the sport, others just being their bodies arent strong enough yet. She does seem to have a great, upbeat personality and sometimes I think they can become more successful when they are allowed to keep that personality and the owners/jockey are channeling what makes her successful. She is a beautiful horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.