The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Oops! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/oops-62078/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 08-12-2010 12:25 PM

Oops!

Ok so this is what happens when you A. Mess with jumping a 2'11" oxer when you and your horse have only ever jumped 2'6" verticals and B. don't get enough impulsion over the first fence in the line and land crooked but then drive her for the very loooong 3 stride anyway!! :lol:

Basically my pony saved our butts...she knew she couldn't take a fence that height with the crappy setup I gave her, so rather than try and end up hurting both of us probably pretty badly, she just ducked out at the last minute...but because my shoulders were hunched and I was jumping ahead (which I am seriously working on!!) I ended up going on without here LOL

Mickey4793 08-12-2010 04:27 PM

Oh gee! Are you alright? The first jump didn't so so bad, if it's any consolation :)

dreamrideredc 08-16-2010 10:19 PM

I hope you're alright! Yep, that's something I would have done right there...:lol:

MIEventer 08-16-2010 10:34 PM

At least you are alright HITS! And hey, if we don't have moments like that to teach us how to correct ourselves, we'd never learn right :) I had to have the same experience as you, to learn how to ride Nelson more solidly to the fences.

Job well done for knowing your erros, being proud of them and being able to move forward.! I'm proud of you, really, I am!

Hoofprints in the Sand 08-17-2010 01:14 PM

Thanks MIE!! And I'm proud that Sandie has a good head on her shoulders, and knew to pull out of a dangerous situation rather than risking us getting into an even WORSE accident!!

dizzynurse 08-17-2010 01:34 PM

Hope your ok! All you jumpers are very brave! My butt likes to stay slowwww and horse on the ground. (hope that made sense...u know what I mean lol)

AfterParty 08-19-2010 01:14 PM

Hope you are okay , that was a good fall looks like you hit the standards !
Such a cute pony I love your videos.

Hoofprints in the Sand 08-19-2010 01:19 PM

Oh yes, I hit them and still have the welt/cut to prove it haha!! But I'm fine now, and we're back to jumping again :)

Stella 08-24-2010 09:45 PM

ooh. I don't even want to think of those bruises:-/

Hoofprints in the Sand 08-24-2010 11:00 PM

haha they're all gone now, so it's all good :) But it's funny, a few days later you start getting them in strange places that you never even knew you hit on the way down hahaha!!! I had one of my hip bone on the right front, then one in the area just above my butt on the back right, and then a big yellow and black and blue bruise complete with a nasty scratch/scab midway up my back...but they're completely gone now! YAY!