The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   A potential Working Hunter or not? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/potential-working-hunter-not-62188/)

XxFUDGEISTHEBOMBxX 08-13-2010 05:09 PM

A potential Working Hunter or not?

2 Attachment(s)
I've been working my horse Spirit for a few months now and I want to enter him in a Working Hunter. Thats where you do a round of Jumping and some work on the flat. Then your horse is judged on his conformation. Then one of the judges ride your horse to check for controlability and paces. He is 6 years old and 15.3hh. I'd love if anyone could help me to see if his conformation is up to Working Hunter standard? So far the flat-work and jumping are going well, the showing end of things needs some outside help! :D

Thanks! :D

Deerly 08-14-2010 01:47 AM

I have never heard of a show where the judge actually gets on your horse! That is so very weird to me right now, lol!

I have nothing useful to contribute but your horse is just darling!! I love those high white socks - that is my all time favorite marking! Such a sweet face too :)

CharliGirl 08-14-2010 02:21 PM

It looks like he has a shortish back, but that might be because he is trying to face the camera. He looks like he has good, strong legs. What a cute face! :D

XxFUDGEISTHEBOMBxX 08-15-2010 05:52 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure how much Spirit is gonna like a stranger on his back... Yeah, he does have a short back and thanks! I'm so glad you all think he looks good! At least thats a start in the right direction! :D

Gidji 08-15-2010 08:31 AM

What breed is he? That'll help me determine whether he has correct conformation for his breed. Or is it an open class?

He certainly fits the hunter build so there's a bonus. A video of his flat work and O/F would be really helpful too. :) Has he got a nice hand gallop because I find that can make or break a class.

XxFUDGEISTHEBOMBxX 08-20-2010 10:18 PM

Well he's part connemara and yeah its an open class! yes ill do my best to get a video up soon! but yeah having a good confirmation will be helpful!