The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What to do with Snapple? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-do-snapple-62218/)

Snapple122 08-14-2010 05:07 AM

What to do with Snapple?

Hey everyone.

I know I haven't posted here for a long time, but now I need some help and suggestions.
I have owned my pony, Snapple for about 10 years now and she has always lived on my dad's acreage. Well, times have changed and circumstances has changed. My dad is going to be traveling a lot during this winter and he owns a condo down in California so he's going to be there a lot. In May the horses (Snapple and my sisters horse Spooky) were sent to a place near where my sister's boyfriend lives to board them. They live about an hour from where I live and I can't get out there very easily. The thing is, I miss Snapple and I want her back. I don't want these people to keep her, I guess I am jealous that they get to see her every day and I don't, and she's not even their horse.
So what I am asking is what I should do. I was thinking maybe the theraputic riding program could use her and she could stay at the barn where the program is, and then at least I could help out there and see her lots.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on where I could keep her or who I could ask if they could use her in a riding program, etc?

Thanks everyone!

riccil0ve 08-14-2010 12:49 PM

Are you sure Snapple is therapy horse material? What happens is you talk to the program director about donating a horse, and they may or may not allow the horse to come to the barn for a trial, where they ride it, put it in the situations it would be in during lessons, and so on. Then they decide if they want to keep the horse.

If that's not going to work out, if you want her closer you're just going to have to find a place to keep her that's closer.

churumbeque 08-14-2010 01:47 PM

why don't you just pasture board it closer to you?