The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   William Woods University? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/william-woods-university-62248/)

twogeldings 08-14-2010 05:11 PM

William Woods University?

I was wondering if anyone has ever attended the William Woods Equestrian Science program, or knows anyone who has. I've been looking into horse programs and it's the closest one I've found thus far, plus it's a four year Bachelor program and the stable is close to campus.

Only thing is that they are freakishly expensive :shock: The four year program will run you 100,800 and thats just basic tuition, room, and board. But...I liked what they offer, and the fact that they also show and that you can go onto, say, professional training.

My dad says "Thats not bad, it's like becoming a doctor" while I'm sitting over here having a heart attack :lol:

Tessa T 08-14-2010 07:57 PM

Oh, this is just what I was looking for! I too have been looking into college programs that would help me get into a career with horses, and I saw this school while doing some research. That is pretty spendy, but its a four year program and what they offer is awesome. Can somebdy answer twogeldings, please? I'd like to hear it too. Lol :D

upnover 08-15-2010 05:53 PM

I know a few girls who went there and they absolutely loved it. One girl in particular went there, an ok, rider. Had some bad habits, some improper training, and came back a much much better more educated rider. Plus, she had a lot of opportunities to groom for some decent grand prix riders. Their barn comes to a few A shows in my area and they do ok. Some riders are fabulous, some are beginners. But they seem to have a really nice program.

CharliGirl 08-15-2010 08:35 PM

My best friend is going there next week for the Equine Program. She has toured the campus, and says it is absolutely amazing! Indoor riding arenas for every discipline, barns, lots of horses, etc. I think she is going to have a lot of fun! :D

People don't go into the horse business to make money--they do it because it is what they love. If you know that this is what you want to do for the rest of your life, go for it.