The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Clean Barn Obsession (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/clean-barn-obsession-62251/)

wannahorse22 08-14-2010 07:04 PM

Clean Barn Obsession

I have a "clean barn" problem. I don't understand how people can work around their barn if it's dirty and un-organized. I guess when I clean and organize it...I feel like it is benefitting to me and my horse. Seriously, when I walk into a dirty barn I am tempted to do a full on clean to it!:lol: Does anyone else have this diesese??

Skutterbotch 08-14-2010 08:00 PM

I do! Rule at our barn is everything has to be SPOTLESS when we leave, I take it above and beyond. It's great to come in the next day having everything where it's supposed to be!

AQHA13 08-14-2010 08:10 PM

I wish I had that disease.... ;)

upupandflyaway1 08-14-2010 09:13 PM

I do. Its horrible. I hate things being out of place or just overall messy, I think its a good thing. (:

wannahorse22 08-14-2010 10:41 PM

This lady from my church sometimes has me come and ride her horses...her barn is such a mess though. So I asked her one day if she needed "help" around the barn. She said "oh no..its pretty clean already, there would'nt be much to do". Yeah right!!!

PaintHorseMares 08-14-2010 11:18 PM

Don't feel bad...there was a lady boarding at the barn down the road that would put on gloves, get down on her knees, and look through the bedding in her horse's stall for little pieces of poop after the BM had cleaned it (and the BM really did do a very good job in the stalls).

wannahorse22 08-14-2010 11:19 PM

WOW. now thats pathetic!

corinowalk 08-14-2010 11:52 PM

I did have it. I have overcome. If all the people I board with wanna be lazy bums...let em! My stuff is organized...the rest of the barn really isnt my problem!

Maverick101 08-16-2010 03:08 AM

Yep totally! Im not as anal to pick through a stall w my hands to look for poo-bits lol....but I CANNOT stand a messy barn!

I have this disease so bad...that I will often clean everything up spotless and high tail it out of the barn, before boarders show up, cuz if they are there before I have a chance to leave at the end of my day....Ill never leave, as I find im just following them around cleaning up after them as my standards are jst too high....so my theory out of sight out of mind....as it was spotless when I left :)

BigGreyHorse 08-16-2010 10:51 AM

Yup, used to have this disease really bad. I used to wash the barn walls once a month. (seriously!) It went into remission but I've been having twinges lately. We are starting a long remodel of our barn (new roof, moving walls, etc.) and everything is a mess. Some days I just can't stand it.