The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Can I get a critique on this mare please (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/can-i-get-critique-mare-please-62290/)

horseluver250 08-15-2010 08:47 AM

Can I get a critique on this mare please

I stumped upon this mare last night. She seems to have nice clean legs from what I can see, overall built sturdy. A little long in the back and a little butt high. What else do you see? Obviously she puts up with a lot of goofy things, do you see anything off when shes actually moving?
I am looking for something for mostly trail riding, camping, penning and maybe some gaming just for fun, and for mounted shooting.
Also has anyone dealt with these people? They have a LOT of horses for sale all the time. The video is also from November which makes me a bit weary, I don't know knows if she was put up for sale right away though. The ad I saw was from aug 2nd.

horseluver250 08-15-2010 09:15 AM

If you don't want to watch all the non-sense parts, shes jogging at :26 and loping at 2:48.

Mickey4793 08-15-2010 09:44 AM

I guess my opinion isn't the best, I'm not good at critiquing, but I really like her. She seems really quiet, bombproof, her movements look kind of big, but I guess that's the riders preference. She looks like she would be perfect for the trails. And she's really pretty! I agree she is a little butt high, her back is a little long as well but otherwise she looks very well put together.

MudPaint 08-15-2010 09:51 AM

I'm not a fan of butt high horses, but that's more my background speaking. For cow work it seems to be accepted. She seems well started, I wouldn't say totally broke as she has no finesse in the trot and the canter is really fast and inconsistent. But for a trail horse she'll probably be a-ok. I'd be interested to see how she's improved from Nov. With the way the economy is, it's no surprise the horse has been on the market that long.

reining girl 08-15-2010 12:44 PM

I like her, she has a nice build a touch downhill but not to bad. I agree with mudpaint, she seems to have a good start but her lope needs work, at least she knows her leads. I would definantly go take a look at her.

horseluver250 08-15-2010 01:09 PM

Thank you. Did anyone see anything that might effect her soundness in the near future?
Shes a bit far away, but I might take a look at her.

churumbeque 08-18-2010 03:05 PM

I would do a vet check. What stood out the most was she didn't have any heel on her beck feet or she may have had to much toe making it look like no heel. The angle was noticeable off.

corinowalk 08-18-2010 03:12 PM

I like her. The only thing I can say is that if that girl spent half the time she spent on teaching her useless tricks and spent it working on getting her gaits more consistant...she wouldnt still be for sale.

Conformation wise...shes down hill and a tad long. If you were just looking for a trail horse, I think she would do well.

horseluver250 08-18-2010 04:34 PM

Churumbeque- I did notice that, it seemed like the left heel was even lower than there right.

horseluver250 08-19-2010 08:23 AM

We are going to go take a look at her friday evening. Shes not too far from the pa grand canyon, so we are making a trip of it and going to stay the night up there an do a little hiking.