The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   GAME: do you know your horses pedigree? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/game-do-you-know-your-horses-62422/)

kaydeebug 08-16-2010 02:40 PM

GAME: do you know your horses pedigree?
 
this is kind of like a game. each person has to have a horse name that ties in to the person before you. it doesnt matter how many times you go. you just have to have your horses pedigree tied in... so it could be any horse on your pedigree. i got mine right next me :) you also have to include there breed. example... we will start with my horse.... QUEEN DANCER who has a horses name in there pedigree with dancer or queen?:wink:

Vidaloco 08-16-2010 03:05 PM

Can I play if I don't still own the horse?
We used to have T Bills Demo who is related to
Native Dancer

kaydeebug 08-16-2010 03:34 PM

haha cool. so just say native dancer. which my horse is related to that horse on both the dam and sires side

Eastowest 08-17-2010 10:14 AM

OK I'll play.
One of my Thoroughbred mares Three Bridges has the word "Dancer" in her pedigree several times-- Sovereign Dancer to Northern Dancer to Natalma to Native Dancer on the bottom.
Three Bridges Horse Pedigree

Another, Wild About Jackie, has Northern Dancer top and bottom.
Wild About Jackie Horse Pedigree

Chrissy's Legacy has Norther Dancer pretty close on the bottom--
http://www.pedigreequery.com/chrissys+legacy



OK, now who has horses with Roberto (for Three Bridges), Shecky Greene, (for Wild About Jackie) or Riva Ridge (for Chrissy's legacy) in their pedigree?

nrhareiner 08-17-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydeebug (Post 720520)
this is kind of like a game. each person has to have a horse name that ties in to the person before you. it doesnt matter how many times you go. you just have to have your horses pedigree tied in... so it could be any horse on your pedigree. i got mine right next me :) you also have to include there breed. example... we will start with my horse.... QUEEN DANCER who has a horses name in there pedigree with dancer or queen?:wink:

If you are going to give a horses name then you need to give their pedigree to so everyone knows what the pedigree is. You can have a horse with Queen in their name and no other relationship in their pedigrees. They can be totally unrelated. Ex. I have a mare by the name of Poco Queen May and I am going to bet that the horse you gave and this mare are not at all related.

Eastowest 08-17-2010 08:44 PM

My stallion has a mare named Cameo Queen in his pedigree, who is out of a mare named Three Queens-- And NRHAReiner, I am pretty sure they are no relation to the Queen or much of anything else in your horse's pedigree.... :lol:


Heres his pedigree,

Rowdy And Ready Appaloosa



Here is Cameo Queen............. and Three Queens
http://www.usol.com/~lyoneastwest/ea...osas065003.jpg http://www.usol.com/~lyoneastwest/ea...osas065004.jpg

kaydeebug 08-17-2010 09:41 PM

eastowest our horses are like cousins

nrhareiner 08-17-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastowest (Post 722217)
My stallion has a mare named Cameo Queen in his pedigree, who is out of a mare named Three Queens-- And NRHAReiner, I am pretty sure they are no relation to the Queen or much of anything else in your horse's pedigree.... :lol:


That is my point. If all we are doing is saying that the names are the same and not actually related there is a difference.


Poco Queen May Quarter Horse

Roberto 08-19-2010 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay Eastowest, my colt, "Darling Roberto aka Pistol" is out of my mare Soy La Uno out of UnoRoberto who is out of Roberto. Pistol is a yealing in this pic.

Next horse for the game. My quarterhorse mare, Dandy's Lil Jewel, out of Tee J Dandy Jack, out of Jackie Bee. Any horses out there with these names?

Eastowest 08-20-2010 01:50 AM

>>>> Next horse for the game. My quarterhorse mare, Dandy's Lil Jewel, out of Tee J Dandy Jack, out of Jackie Bee. Any horses out there with these names?

Other than my previously posted TB mare Wild About Jackie, sired by Jack Livingston, who is absolutely NO relation to Jackie Bee? LOLOLOL:lol:

http://www.usol.com/~lyoneastwest/ea...osas069002.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0