The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   stop animal abuse... look at these shocking images....these people need to die (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/stop-animal-abuse-look-these-shocking-62427/)

kaydeebug 08-16-2010 03:28 PM

stop animal abuse... look at these shocking images....these people need to die

6 Attachment(s)
turkey people slashing horses throats. it is the gray in the picture down below.... left to die....
StopAnimalTests.com > Horses Bled to Death in Turkey

im not against rodeo though.... thats a sport! not cruelty. im against those who beat there horses and dont feed them and leave them for death.

watching these videos i cried and i am so mad at these people. and i dont want to be a vet anymore i want to stop this i want to make a difference. AND I WILL.:evil:

lilruffian 08-16-2010 03:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately there are sick people out there (closer than you think!) who cant care for their animals, so instead of selling they just let them starve & die.
Last winter there was a rescue just 20 minutes from my house on the Carrot Creek road. over 16 starved horses were rescued (there were carcasses on the property):-x
One mare has been featured on the news several times. She was pregnant (gorgeous foal!) & had a gaping hole in her head! They're not sure how she got it, but you could see the bone & her sinuses!
She (& all others) were taken into Alberta's Rescue 100 Foundation & she just had reconstructive surgery to fix the wound & is up for adoption:D
The miracle survival of Pearl and Sugar | Horsetalk.co.nz - International horse news

kaydeebug 08-16-2010 03:55 PM

i cant freakin stand people. ugh i am so upset right now..... i cant believe people are so dumb. it gives me the chills seeing these horses.

teagan 08-16-2010 04:04 PM

it so sad for people to be able to do this to animals that cant help them self

Yvette 08-16-2010 04:04 PM

That is so sad.

kaydeebug 08-16-2010 04:07 PM

ya im seriously thinking about dropping to be a vet and go into stopping animal abuse. its freaking pathetic

ninjahorse 08-16-2010 09:25 PM

People can be sick. It's even worst that many aren't caught and continue to do it over and over again.

You don't need to drop out of vet school to stop abuse. I'm planning to be an equine vet and I still want to start a mini rescue or fund one at the same time. Maybe even offer my services for free. :)

mom2pride 08-16-2010 09:54 PM

Pretty harsh statement that the owners need to die...jmho. YES, what we see sometimes, is horrific, but I think alot of owners just don't know any better; if you're taught that way, how do you know otherwise...this is often the case in other countries, especially, because animals are veiwed as beasts of burden, or a food source, not a 'pet' or animal of recreation. People need to be educated, and unfortunately in different countries animals are not veiwed in the same way as they are here by alot of folks.

There are so many ways to help animals, without dropping your degree...you would probably be much more helpful if you DO complete your degree.

kaydeebug 08-17-2010 12:44 AM

its just i know that people in other countries do know if they are beating a horse or killing it for know reason they do know that its wrong. for food ya k cool but abusing them til there dead. NO THATS NOT OK

A knack for horses 08-17-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydeebug (Post 721279)
its just i know that people in other countries do know if they are beating a horse or killing it for know reason they do know that its wrong. for food ya k cool but abusing them til there dead. NO THATS NOT OK

That isn't nessicarily true. It is kind of like how you know the number 2 is the number 2, and not the number 3.

Yes, they look different. And they hold different values. But the only reason 2 isn't 3 is because somebody told or showed you that there is a difference, and you believed them.

The same thing applies in different countries. If somebody tells you a horse or an ox is a beast of burden, nothing more, nothing less; then that is what you believe. Because you were raised where you treat horses as pets and companions, that is what you believe to be correct. Animals in different countries hold different values to the members of the nations.

I'm not saying that abuse is right. I think it is horrid what some people do to their animals. But you must understand that some of this happens because they don't know anything but what they are taught. That is why we must educate and advocate for the animals.