The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   FutureChamps - the future of eventing! (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/futurechamps-future-eventing-62481/)

MadamKing 08-16-2010 11:09 PM

FutureChamps - the future of eventing!

Ok, so, who here would like to/is going to compete in an Olympics one day?? What would you do, individual or team? What horse would you ride? Tell us about it! Here's mine:-

Riding for Australia in team and individual on Rogue Scholar, black TB gelding, 16.2 or thereabouts hands high, aiming for a dressage score of 68% or higher, two or fewer penalties in the cross country and a clear jumping round!

Your turn! Will post a pic of Rogue soon!

StormyBlues 08-20-2010 09:06 PM

A) you would want a dressage score of 32 then? That's almost undoable at the upper levels!

B) I hope to compete in anything I want to. I would rather compete as an individual though. I WANT a dappled grey Oldenburg/Hanoverian X or purebred of either, though I would happily take any Irish horse! (Esp. from the Kirby Park lines). 17HH, named (if NOT from the Kirby Park line) Third Times Charm. But I will take any horse that I click with that can take me to where I want to go. The Olympics are a distant dream, because I want to go to vet school, and practically speaking, I can't be a top level rider AND be a vet full time.

MadamKing 08-22-2010 08:09 PM

No, its not. Plenty of people get 68% I can't remember who it was but someone in the last Olympics got 68.833%

StormyBlues 08-22-2010 08:47 PM

for regular dressage, yes. But a 68 is a horrible score for eventing.....

MyBoyPuck 08-22-2010 09:00 PM

Don't waste your breath Stormy. On the dressage forum, she's a future Grand Prix rider and has since dismissed everyone's opinions over there. She's not here looking for advice.

MIEventer 08-23-2010 12:27 AM

I'm going to the Olympics because Rainbow Bright is my coach. I have a magical sparkly horse that craps starbursts and can fly while doing it.

ThatNinjaHorse 08-23-2010 02:32 AM

^ :shock::lol:

Cougar 08-23-2010 04:09 AM

I would LOVE to be a top level rider but when it comes down to it I know there are a lot more people suited to it than I am. I have drive when it comes to developing myself and a horse but I lack any kind of competitive edge. I'm content with improving myself to be the best rider I can be so if it keeps me in the backyard for the rest of my life smiling and being happy with a happy horse, that's as good as any medal for me.

poniesponiesponies 08-23-2010 01:20 PM

oh to dream .........................when i start growing money i'll make it to the top

Jake and Dai 08-23-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIEventer (Post 727345)
I'm going to the Olympics because Rainbow Bright is my coach. I have a magical sparkly horse that craps starbursts and can fly while doing it.

MUST STOP READING THIS AT WORK!!!!

I just spit soda all over my laptop and now my podmates think I'm insane. :rofl: