The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Germany! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-germany-62528/)

Biba24 08-17-2010 11:34 AM

Hello from Germany!

Hello,

my nickname is, as you can read, Biba24 and Im from Germany. Im 16 years old and I registered here, because I wanted to write and read and communicate in English a bit.
I would be glad, if you help me a bit with the language, so if I write sth wrong oder use wron expressions, please tell me.

Otherwise I hope to have a nice time here at horseforum!

Greets from Germany! :wink:

Bashkir 08-17-2010 11:41 AM

Hi and welcome im new too, and are thoroughly enjoying using the forum everyone is very friendly.
Posted via Mobile Device

lilruffian 08-17-2010 01:47 PM

Welcome! I love when people from other countries join! It's so neat to learn about different cultures (especially horse ones) For example, i didn't know that it is mostly english riding in the UK or that Quarter Horses are so expensive there! They're a dime-a-dozen here!

Biba24 08-17-2010 05:22 PM

Thanks, you 2!

Yeah, thats the reason why Im here, learn about other "cultures" (I think we are not SO different :D) and, especially, their horses.

In Germany, there are so many different horse breeds (right word?). We have lots of German Warmbloods and Ponies, of course, but many Quarter Horses, Draught Horses, Shetland Ponies and and and...

At our stable (well, we call it Ranch :D), we have almost exclusively Quarter Horses. I love western riding and riding outside (how do you call?). But at the beginning of my equestrian training, I did more English riding, especially dressage.

Its very interesting to talk to different people about riding, horses and their habits/opinion. :wink:

Greets

lilruffian 08-17-2010 05:31 PM

We have stables & ranches as well (stables usually have a stable, though lol & are often english) where as ranch's are usually western ;)