The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Devon Aire Nouvelle field boots? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/devon-aire-nouvelle-field-boots-62566/)

juniormylove 08-17-2010 07:56 PM

Devon Aire Nouvelle field boots?

My poor paddock boots are dying [long story] so I need to start looking at new boots.

However...instead of getting new paddock boots and continuing to be frustrated with my STUPID chaps [they're too wide and always slide down] I thought it might be a good idea to look into tall boots? Plus, on the off chance that I ever get a chance to show, I'd have footwear.

Anyways..I was just browsing and someone pointed me to this website. I looked at their clearance and found Devon Aire Nouvelle zip back field boots in what *might* be my size for $59.95

I have to track down a tape measure and measure myself, but before I do that...are these good field boots? Good price? I'd like to hear the pros and cons if you've ever seen these in person.

Thanks so much!

Carleen 08-17-2010 08:06 PM

The only thing I can see is that if you have problems with your chaps being too wide, chances are you're going to have problems finding tall boots that aren't too wide. I suffer from the same problem :-( .

Anyways, I don't have a ton of experience with Devon Aire but I've tried on their Nouvelle II Paddock boots and they seemed really nice. The ones your looking at are certainly good looking boots and yes, definitely a good price!! Mind sharing the website? ;-)

juniormylove 08-17-2010 08:08 PM

the weird thing is that my calves aren't abnormally skinny or anything! I had trouble finding chaps that were slim enough before cause I was looking at reeaally cheap chaps and I had little chicken legs but now I've filled in more so it didn't make any sense to me. *sigh* I'll definitely measure closely...if the boots turn out to be slightly too big in th calf, I could take them to get tailored, right? [trying to convince myself here, haha]

awesome, thanks!