The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Costume contest!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/costume-contest-62675/)

Rodeo Pro 08-18-2010 10:10 PM

Costume contest!!!

I have a horse show coming up and one of the classes is a costume contest! The problem is that I don't know what to do for the costume. :think: I want it to be creative that no one else will do and that will stand out! I would appreciate any suggestions!!! THANKS!!

:D

equiniphile 08-18-2010 10:29 PM

We won ours at fair this year :). Came up with it and decided to do the class 2 days before....we were a bride and groom. I'll try to get some pics soon, but we went ALL out. I bought a wedding dress at goodwill for $80, we used my black saddle, white boots for me, a wreath of white flowers around Arthur's neck, a garder above his hock, little frilly ribbon around his coronets as cuffs, a french braid in his tail, a running braid in his mane, a decoraed white top hat for him, a veil over my helmet for me, white elbow-length gloves, fake pearls, roses braided into his tail, and a Just Married sign braided into his tail. We also had a piece of white see-through decorative fabric we put under the saddle that stretched over his butt, with white bells adorned onto it, a flower in hit top hat, a Jewish white shawl over the saddle skirt....it was awesome. Tomorrow I'll upload a pic, send me a PM to remind me! You have to go all out though, because we have someone do a bride and groom at the fair every year but they just don't take it far enough, so they never win. We won, though! :)

Rodeo Pro 08-19-2010 06:44 PM

Thanks!! I'm so excited for the show!! Can't wait to see the pics!!

brookelovesparelli 08-19-2010 09:46 PM

fancy dress is so much fun, and the good thing is if you make the costume 'quality' you can re use it over and over. I went as a stockwomen in my first fancy dress, my horse just had a barco bridle on, split reins, brown woolen saddle cloth, and just my saddle. I wore a flannelet shirt, tied up at the bottom in a knot, jeans, boots with roller spurs, an akubra taped on to my helmet, a driz-a-bone and a stock whip. Oh and I also was chewing gum.

Another fancy dress I went as wonderwomen. My mum and I made a red cape with an iron-on wonder women logo on the back, and just tied it around my neck with red ribbon, we got navy blue undies and used iron on stars and covered them with the stars (wore them over jodies :] ). We found this 'boobtube' like gold bra thingo and wore that over a red singlet top. Also got extreamly high white socks and wore those over the top of my jodies and got slightly smaller red socks and wore them over the white socks. It was pretty cool if i say so my self, I'll try and up load a pic when I get around to it.

brookelovesparelli 08-19-2010 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 38298

Rather embarrassing, and I don't have a photo of me on my horse but, yeah. As you can see.. my family, horse and I are just a little bit crazy :lol:

Rodeo Pro 08-20-2010 01:49 PM

I really like that costume!!!

equiniphile 08-21-2010 12:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, the promised pics!!!

KateKlemmer 08-21-2010 02:26 PM

equiniphile, those pictures are priceless;)

equiniphile 08-21-2010 03:22 PM

Haha thanks :)

Rodeo Pro 08-21-2010 03:26 PM

Thats a good costum!!!