The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   This is just FUN to watch! Amazing! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/just-fun-watch-amazing-62850/)

lilruffian 08-20-2010 10:52 PM

This is just FUN to watch! Amazing!

Ive watched this video like 50 times & it's still awesome! :lol: It's of Andreas Helgstrand & his 9-year-old mare Blue Hors Matine during their 2006 freestyle final (i believe they came in 3rd that year).:D

MeganAndPastick 08-20-2010 11:13 PM

Beautiful horse. I really don't like dressage tho. I think they riders are pulling to hard on the horses mouth. Everytime I watch a dreassge compotition the horses have there taisl wagging back and forth which doesn't come off as normal too me.

lilruffian 08-20-2010 11:14 PM

Oh no! I was just reading that apparently Blue Hors Matine passed away this year after breaking her leg while out in her paddock ;( So sad! RIP fancy dancer!

corinowalk 08-20-2010 11:40 PM

Poor girl. What a beautiful dance though!

As far as the tail swishing goes...some horses do it to help with balance. Some are just tail talkers. I've seen horses in every discipline do a tail wring or two!

Citrus 08-20-2010 11:44 PM

It looks beautiful but is the horse bracing against the bit? It seems like her mouth is open the whole time.......

equiniphile 08-20-2010 11:50 PM

WOW. UH-MAZ-ING. That has to be the best dressage video I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

lilruffian 08-20-2010 11:51 PM

That happens alot in dressage. The horses are trained to keep their necks bowed, but as for drooling/tail swishing, some horses do do this alot, even in other disciplines. You have to imagine how hard these horses are concentrating!

lilruffian 08-20-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equiniphile (Post 725538)
WOW. UH-MAZ-ING. That has to be the best dressage video I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

Thats what i thought the first time i saw it.:D I love the timing they have, plus it's so up-beat. I watched the horse who came in first that year, & they were pretty good but it wasn't as entertaining as this one!

Arksly 08-21-2010 12:25 AM

She was a sweetheart. Unfortunately, I think they just pushed her to hard to soon. She was young for that level and that was her only big show. As for dressage riders pulling on the horses mouth... Some do, of course, but they are technically supposed to just keep contact, sit down, and listen to your seat and leg aids while your hands are ther just for support.

JumperStride 08-21-2010 01:56 AM

I ADORE this rider <3 I've watched this test a thousand times. As for her being pushed too young, she was nine years old at the time of this competition. I don't think thats too young at all. She was a talented little mare. I believe Anky won that one that year? I greatly dislike her as well as how she rides. She's a snot. Buttt enough of that. This ride is still incredible and SO much fun to watch. You've reminded me of my all time favorite freestyle though, I'll be off making a thread for it now ;]