The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Fire (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/fire-62899/)

Thatgirlsacowboy 08-21-2010 05:37 PM

Fire

Hey everyone. My barn owner just called me and told me I need to get out to our ranch ASAP because theres a fire and our horses are more than likely going to be needed to be evacuated. Cricket doesn't load and I'm freaking out.

I'm waiting for my brother to come pick me up as I'm home alone, and this is the longest wait ever. I sort of feel like puking.

Please keep are ranch, Cricket and I, in your prayers!

I'll keep y'all updated if I can.

-Nicole

Thatgirlsacowboy 08-21-2010 05:40 PM

As a matter of fact, keep all horses being evacuated in your prayers. I can smell it, and see smoke from my front window. It's really close to our barns.

dedebird 08-21-2010 06:10 PM

ok this makes me feel sick there was just a giant fire where i live and you live in california too... i wonder if we live near each other i really hope you can get him out of there!!!!

A knack for horses 08-21-2010 06:50 PM

Oh gosh...I hope everything goes ok. Could you get a more open trailer to load her in? That may help you.
My prayers go out to you

rocky pony 08-21-2010 06:55 PM

Wow..that's scary. I really hope your girl and all her stablemates are safe.
Sending out my best wishes and hugs. :hug:

Ray MacDonald 08-21-2010 07:42 PM

Same!!

cakemom 08-21-2010 07:49 PM

Put her favorite horse in first. Then try her, and I'll pray.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skipsfirstspike 08-21-2010 08:52 PM

Hope all is ok. Good vibes being sent!

Thatgirlsacowboy 08-22-2010 12:03 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouragment and prayers/good vibes!!

I got to the ranch right as the winds started to change. Our entire mountain was on fire, but within about twenty minutes it was contained and we were told that we should be okay.

The ranch is safe and so are the horses. I think I had my fright for the year... We all needed drinks after that. ><

I don't know where you're at, Dedebird, but I'm in Lakeside, California. Sandeigo. Hopefully you didn't have to evacuate! We got REALLY lucky.

Ray MacDonald 08-22-2010 03:34 PM

Thats good to hear! :)