The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Favorite Dressage Video (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/favorite-dressage-video-62920/)

JumperStride 08-21-2010 10:30 PM

Favorite Dressage Video

I absolutely adore this video. I've been thrilled by Ravel's freestyles, impressed by others, but this video just touches my heart everytime. Nice, relaxed attentive horse obviously having fun with his very competent rider <3 I know that Forrest had to be put down a few years ago, very sad :( Colic I believe? Not totally sure of the details.

dressagexlee 08-22-2010 05:07 PM

This was the first freestyle I ever watched, and it's actually what started me on liking dressage. I had forgotten about for a few years, and only remembered some of the music, but I was thrilled when I found it again about eight monthes ago.

Hubertus is very much a classically trained rider, and Forest was such a happy horse.
Nowadays, he the coach for the Swedish team. He's been competing mostly just in Europe - I think he has a bunch of young horses in training, and mare (maybe two) competing at Grand Prix. Hopefully we'll see him around a bit more!

Northern 08-22-2010 05:35 PM

Thanks for sharing--lovely rider!

Skutterbotch 08-22-2010 05:42 PM

that is beautiful

Benny 08-27-2010 07:05 AM

This one's my favorite. She's godly amazing. I found this about two weeks ago or so.

Benny 08-27-2010 07:34 AM

*Can't edit after 10 minutes ><*
I think my favorite bit is from 5.30 onwards. I love that music. It reminds me of rock, and ya know how people use coconuts to make horse hooves clip clopping? xD
And how she swishes her tail happily like a dog, in time with the music.. And how the music fits her. It was an amazing team.

leonalee 09-22-2010 11:27 PM

Aw - I LOVELOVELOVE that video (Andreas Helgstrand): RIP Blue Hors Matine :( They retired her and not long thereafter she broke her leg in the field and had to be put down... made me cry and I didn't even know either, only that that horse had a lot of heart and talent.

Benny 09-23-2010 12:01 AM

Yea, it really sucked that she had to be put down. I wonder how the poor owner felt. She really did have a ton of talent.

Arksly 09-26-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny (Post 731657)
And how she swishes her tail happily like a dog, in time with the music.

Unfortunately, that is a sign of resistance.

Lobelia Overhill 09-26-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arksly (Post 761490)
Unfortunately, that is a sign of resistance.

I disagree, lots of horses swish their tails when they're being ridden and it's nothing to do with discomfort or resistance..