The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Pretty in Pink (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/pretty-pink-63501/)

Cappyandme 08-29-2010 08:27 PM

Pretty in Pink

Hey,

I have a dressage show comming up and we are having a day where we can dress our horses and ourselves in pink to support breast cancer.

Can you please give me some ideas on how to dress us up in pink. I have heaps of pink tops and jumpers, a purple pair of jods, and I could easily get some pink rippin to plait into his and my "manes" and his tail.

Thanks!

Charis 08-29-2010 08:31 PM

Pink pad, polo wraps, yarn for plaiting, vetwrap to cover pieces of equipment... I think that should deck you out quite well. If you really wanna get into it, throw a red shirt in the wash with a pair of white breeches ;)

RogueMare 08-29-2010 08:32 PM

I would say ribbons would be good. You could maybe do something to cover your saddle pad with a pink cloth? and just wear pink yourself. :)

ridergirl23 08-29-2010 08:35 PM

OOOOO a show in edmonton does this every year, i wanted to, but we never go to the show :(
BUT! i have some ideas.... borrow a pink browband for your horses bridle, and there is hoof polish you can buy with sparkles in it... you could even do silver or something, because im not sure they have pink. BUT BE CAREFUL! DO NOT do the hoof sparkle (its called twinkle toes) unless this is the last class of the SHOW. it does NOT come off (unless you literally sand it off!) and it is illegal in the show and you could be diqualified.
and there is sparkly gel you can get at almost any tack shop to put on your horse. and maybe you could get a pink (or make) a helmet cover? :) i want pictures! lol good luck!

Cappyandme 08-30-2010 02:36 AM

The pink is going all day, so i could get the hoof polish, but I have never seen it the horse shops around me.

corinowalk 08-30-2010 03:01 AM

Pink riding gloves SSG Light Weight Riding Gloves LT PINK Sz XS, S, M, L - eBay (item 300458708551 end time Sep-21-10 16:16:21 PDT)

LOL pink top hat http://www.partycheap.com/ProductDet...9-P&click=6103

Pink crystal stirrup irons New Centaur Bling SS Stirrups Irons 4.75" Ice Pink - eBay (item 190418260822 end time Sep-11-10 17:44:57 PDT)

This sounds fun!

Cappyandme 08-30-2010 08:18 AM

If only the top hat would fit over my helmet! I was going to get stirup irons like that, but my mum said Cappy would look "too girly!" Well, if he woulden't look girly then, he sure would now!

mom2pride 08-30-2010 03:44 PM

Oooh, oooh...stencil the pink breast cancer thingy on your horse's bum!! :D I just use regular sparkly glue pens, I don't spend the outrageous amounts on the 'horsey specific' stuff. I get the stuff that's able to come out with water and soap. SOOOO much cheaper, and you can get so many more colors for the price of one packet, compared to one tube/bottle of the fancy stuff, for the same price.

i also use that easily curled party 'foil' stuff for mane plaiting, and some of that sparkly wire type stuff and braid that in to the top of the tail (french braid the top, like hunter braid).

If your horse doesn't mind, you could put those Huge sun glasses you can find on him too...it's great for kicks and giggles hahahahaha

mom2pride 08-30-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cappyandme (Post 733896)
The pink is going all day, so i could get the hoof polish, but I have never seen it the horse shops around me.

You could try some regular spray paint...or something like that...I wouldn't think that would hurt too much, in a thin layer. I've never tried that though...just shootin out ideas...haha