The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Big Progress (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/big-progress-6351/)

Brandon 02-24-2008 06:59 PM

Big Progress

Hey Yall, well yesterdays lesson was AWSOME. This lesson was very different for me tho... I just had alot of confidence this time and everythin came naturally, like this time when the T (the name of the horse) wanted to go stand by her owner i just circled her.. like when T wanted to turn left towards the direction of her owner i would just pull the reins left (also squeezin alittle with my right foot) and i circled her every time she tried to do this.. and it WORKED, she eventually (after 6 times) fiqured out that i wasnt gonna let her take advantage of me. Was that the right way to approach that tho? Is circling a good method of teachin? I also can trot with no problem now.. i just feel so good right now that i had such progress, and even the trainor complimented me on how good i was doin.. but everythin just came naturally tho.. at the end of the lesson tho i was leadin my horse around the arena and i was leadin past this one horse that was tide up and idk somethin spooked the horse and i almost got kicked and the horse i was leadin kinda freaked also but i got her under control... also before lesson started that day a girl fell off her horse when a horse got spooked and jumped left and she flew! she is ok.

I am just so happy right now. :D

Brandon 02-24-2008 09:04 PM

I also want to say that, durin my last lesson acouple days ago there was a moment when me and the horse where just standin there and i was standin next to her head holdin the reins and the trainor was helpin some girl.. there was a period of time where me and the horse just kinda looked at each other and she just gave me this look like "i trust you" or somethin but i just felt so close to the horse.. its hard for me to explain.. me and T (the name of the horse) just kinda Bonded and this is somethin that for me is gonna sound weird, but she kinda took my heart in that moment. Then the trainor came and suddenly i had to lead the horse back to the other side of the arena.. me and the trainor talked some, and i left.. i am tryin not to get to close to T because i know that eventually lessons will be over and stuff, but i dont know its just hard.

Abby 02-24-2008 10:09 PM

Awww that is so sweet. I'm glad you are experiencing horse love, it is wonderful. I hate to tell you this but you will fall in love with her hehe and be sad to see her go, it happens. I can't imagine life without my horse. I was attached to a lesson horse once, and when I had to switch horses because someone leased her for show before I could I have to admit I cried like a baby. :{ The sad part was I finished out the horse myself and it was a great feeling but it broke my heart to have someone take her away.

Brandon 02-24-2008 10:50 PM

ya i love T but it just bugs me because i want my own horse and i want to learn barrel racin and just do stuff... it is just really weighin me down....

Abby 02-24-2008 10:55 PM

I'm sure once you learn to sit the trot and ride through a canter with a deep seat you can get into racing barrels, just keep your confidence flowing and riding like its your last ride so make it your best and most fun before you know it, you'll be having a blast trail riding and racing around the barn like a maniac on horseback.

JustDressageIt 02-24-2008 11:13 PM

That's great!! Congrats! Isn't it amazing when you feel that connection with a horse? You can't put words to it...!

Brandon 02-24-2008 11:23 PM

I know!!! and i have heard a few people say that horses are stupid and a big waste of time.. which is completely STUPID to say!! when i looked at T, i saw a warm hearted, carin horse .. horses are smarter than people think..

Idk sometimes people just tick me off

JustDressageIt 02-24-2008 11:29 PM

Haha no I know what you mean! I had that connection with a stallion I used to ride... I was able to ride bareback with just a halter and leadrope, and we'd go around and do piaffes, lead changes, jumping, absolutely everything... it was like everything I thought about, he'd do before I even asked him to.

meggymoo 02-25-2008 04:43 AM

Aww Brandon thats fantastic! I agree with the others once you have that connection with a horse, there's no turning back.

Congratulations on doing so well too! You must be over the moon. :wink:

mlkarel2010 02-25-2008 09:22 PM

That's soo amazing!! I'm glad you have such great opportunities and you have such great fun!! I can't let myself get attached to the horses :cry: they always leave once I start to like them......