The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Judge my horses position. (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/judge-my-horses-position-63521/)

PintoTess 08-29-2010 10:29 PM

Judge my horses position.

5 Attachment(s)
how is my horses position over a jump??
Btw...these are TINY compared to what she usullay does :P:-)

ridergirl23 08-29-2010 10:34 PM

The only thing i really notice is she could tuck her knees up a lot more. its not so bad usually, but in the last jump its really loose.

ErikaLynn 08-30-2010 11:55 AM

He hangs his feet especially his knees, which won't be good when you progress to higher fences. Also his legs are uneven. I know you asked about your horse, but I think you should raise your stirrups a hole or two and, you're saddle looks too big for you.

Uma 08-30-2010 12:51 PM

At this point, it looks like he is just cantering over these jumps. He seems unimpressed and not really putting a lot of effort into it. He's not really using his head or neck over these jumps either. I think once the jumps get bigger, his knees will become more even, but for now, like others have said, his knees are hanging some.
My favorite picture is the first one.

PintoTess 08-30-2010 07:03 PM

Well in the first pic its only her first jump...she puts ALOT of effort in and usually jumps 1.15m and my saddle is just fine for me...its not a jumping saddle anyway its only an all purpose.

ErikaLynn 08-30-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PintoTess (Post 734480)
Well in the first pic its only her first jump...she puts ALOT of effort in and usually jumps 1.15m and my saddle is just fine for me...its not a jumping saddle anyway its only an all purpose.

In the pictures the flaps of your saddle look a little too long for your legs. But it's probably just the how the pictures are.
Posted via Mobile Device

PintoTess 08-30-2010 10:38 PM

its because i have my stirrups 2 holes shorter than usual

KTLTLove 09-03-2010 11:43 PM

IMO, you should work on your 2-point. It looks kind of awkward. It seems like you should bend more at the waist and focus on keeping your legs secure. On 4 your legs slid all the way up to his shoulders, and on 5 they went all the way back, as well as the stirrup iron going back to the heel of your boot. And in the first pic, your saddle looks way to far forward.
Sorry, haha :/ I don't mean to be rude or anything like that, just pointing out what I see.

PintoTess 09-05-2010 07:28 PM

the saddle has slipped forward in the first pic. the pics were taken on my first jumps 2 years ago.my seat is better now