The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   What is he? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/what-he-63663/)

Diegosmom 08-31-2010 09:48 PM

What is he?

4 Attachment(s)
Again i had a ferrier come out an tell me in all his years exp this is no paint.

So can yall tell me what diego might be or have in him

He is about 16 hands

PintoTess 08-31-2010 09:57 PM

He could just be a pinto horse...its not just a colour i have a pinto/connemara :P
judging by the first pic it looks like he has a bit of andalusian in him cos of his body shape...
but.....he does kinda have the same conformation as my mare but hes not a paint :P

sixlets 08-31-2010 10:12 PM

His convex profile makes me think warmblood... He actually looks a lot like Art Deco, the Dutch Warmblood. Here's a link to his photo gallery:Art Deco photo gallery

annaleah 08-31-2010 10:19 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he looks like he has some saddlebred in him. His head shots really shows it.

lilruffian 08-31-2010 10:56 PM

He could very well be a paint, but you'd have to be certain of his breeding to be sure. The only difference between paint & pinto is the breed (paints can ONLY be of TB or QH breeding, whereas a pinto is any another breed with these markings).
I agree with annaleah in that he could have saddlebred in him, of maybe TWH.
He is a Tobiano Pinto though ;)

corinowalk 08-31-2010 11:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My guess, by the size of his head and the slope in his shoulder...Spotted Saddle horse which is a generalized breed registry for anything gaited with color. Here is a friends Spotted Saddle for comparison

franknbeans 08-31-2010 11:17 PM

I would vote TWHX. I just see it in the
build, but mostly in the head.

Diegosmom 09-07-2010 05:36 PM

Do they do DNA for horses..I know they do it for dogs to find out their breeds i was wondering if they o this for horses.

speedy da fish 09-07-2010 05:51 PM

^ only for certain breeds. a registry will do it if you want to register you horse with them and the horse wasnt born into the registry, if you know what i mean.

he looks like a paint x to me. i have noticed that many paints have roman noses like that, but perhaps he is pinto (any other pinto colour but without tb blood).

darkpaloma 09-10-2010 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looks like my filly still don't know what sh is either