The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Anky's Not Happy & She's Suing! (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/ankys-not-happy-shes-suing-63665/)

kmacdougall 08-31-2010 09:34 PM

Anky's Not Happy & She's Suing!

Anky van Grunsven Sues Eurodressage | eurodressage

Your thoughts?!

I think anyone really could have linked Anky to rollkur, but what are your thoughts on this? Do you think she'll win?

My Beau 08-31-2010 09:54 PM

She had it coming...

I don't believe she'll win - her and Sjef were the ones threatening and the journalist did nothing wrong, IMO. But, you never know with these type of things. It'll be interesting to see how things unfold!

kmacdougall 08-31-2010 10:13 PM

Yeah.

I'm a little baffled because she's suing eurodressage, and that article is written by eurodressage.
More will probably come out of the woodwork.

smrobs 08-31-2010 10:51 PM

I think that Anky is a twit that should have her chin tied to her chest and left that way until she suffocated :evil:. I think she's spoiled and deserves whatever she gets.

The method was developed by her and her beau, she uses it so how can she feel defamed when someone compares a picture of her horse to one associated with rollkur. I really don't think she'll win.

kitten_Val 08-31-2010 10:57 PM

Yeah, it's been on all dressage forums... :) I guess we are the last one this time!

I don't care for her much frankly. In this situation she put herself in position everyone will be making not-so-nice comments about (AND will be right because she's the "rollkur" person, c'mon Anky!). What I was shocked about though is her trainer to send those extremely impolite emails to the journalist. I just don't get how dumb one should be to do something like that! He SHOULD know better that it'll be public.

spirithorse8 08-31-2010 11:24 PM

If Astrids lawyers handle the case correctly....the Mistress and her slave will lose big time.
Many people have offered Astrid with their assistance, and I have told her that I would be able to prove the existance of tetanic contractions in horses that are schooled in rolkur/ldr.

sarahver 08-31-2010 11:28 PM

Hmmm, I wonder if one day she will be able to sue her saddler when her precious leather draw reins snap under the pressure....

Amir 08-31-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahver (Post 735520)
Hmmm, I wonder if one day she will be able to sue her saddler when her precious leather draw reins snap under the pressure....

Suprised she hasn't already :lol:

Chiilaa 09-01-2010 12:04 AM

Anky makes me sick. It's not just the rolkur though that bugs me. What bugs me is how so many people see her ride and think 'wow she knows what she is doing because she wins, so I should do that too!'.

I was taking photos of a friend riding her gelding. In the arena next to us, a young lady was training her 4 year old warmblood. There she is, forcing him around, chin just about on his chest. When I went and asked her what the hell she was doing, she got snotty because it is her horse and she will do whatever the **** she wants, and just because I don't agree with rolkur doesn't mean it isn't good for the horse! This is why we should take Anky down to the back paddock and retire her *mutters darkly while stomping off before ranting some more lol*

DressageIsToDance 09-01-2010 12:38 AM

Mm, I don't agree with the way she and Sjef have handled this. She has no defense anyway, she has long been linked to rollkur, and if she hasn't realized that yet she's crazy.

That being said, I don't mind rollkur as a stretching exercise. But I am very much against using it for your entire ride, or even for several minutes at a time. Long term damage has been proven, and it's clearly uncomfortable for the horse, and it's just wrong to work them like that.

I don't practice it, because frankly...I don't need to. Jack and I have other stretches that work just as well. And honestly, I'd be hesitant to use it as a stretch at a show. Someone would likely see it and judge the situation before they had the real facts and get a very wrong impression of me.