The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Looking for new friends (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/looking-new-friends-63810/)

lb_cake 09-02-2010 06:54 PM

Looking for new friends

I live in the Claremore area of Oklahoma. I am looking for people to trail ride with and make some new horsey friends! I really don't have very many friends who ride. I really need to get my horse out on the trails more and really can't go alone since my horse is still young and kinda green. Thanks! :lol:

ilyTango 09-02-2010 09:09 PM

Gah! Too bad you weren't in Ontario...I need someone to ride with too.

RhondaLynn 09-03-2010 09:12 AM

Shame you are not in North Georgia, I am also looking for horse riding buddies!

Rhonda

BJJ 09-03-2010 11:23 PM

Wish all of you were in central California!

KANSAS_TWISTER 09-04-2010 02:32 PM

is that any where near beaver county? i'm just above that in ks

stacieandtheboys 09-05-2010 09:30 PM

I know I wish you were closer to me too. No one I know likes to trail ride. Just playday :(

wicastawakan 09-07-2010 10:53 AM

I live near Lexington, OK, but still quite a ways from you. There are quite a few trail riders in the Purcell/Lexington area.
I imagine you could hook up with a bunch riding trails on holidays/weekends, etc. Look on the net for OK trails close to you & go ride & see if you can meet some riders you enjoy. Good luck. Clint

dee 09-17-2010 11:54 PM

I live north of Seminole, OK. There are some great trails within a 40 mile radius of me and I can't wait until Dancer is ready to hit them.

Bell Cow Lake in Chandler is supposed to have some nice trails. Sportsman's Lake just east of Seminole is supposed to have some of the best in the state. Daughter and her friends ride the trails at Prague lake regularly - they are nice and sandy, so no shoes are necessary there. That's probably where Dancer and I will start.

If you are ever down my way, give me a holler!

apache99 10-06-2010 10:11 AM

I am planning a trail ride the first weekend of November at Hillsdale lake, KS if anyone is interested were camping all weekend and riding plus its super cheap like fifteen bucks a night...

Hoofprints in the Sand 10-06-2010 12:28 PM

We should make a thread about meeting up with trail riders in certain areas! :) Personally I'm always looking for riding buddies in the northeast Ohio area, near Akron/Cleveland ;)